1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Serious Warning Bell This Time - The Monster of Jealousy!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jan 26, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I appreciate your efforts to bring about your thoughts and opinions on Jealousy and Envy. The stories (true) of two girls, who were friends and your personal experience with your friend all give me a clear picture about this feeling in human. But I greatly differ in your advice that if you get any effect by the ‘eye thrushti’ or envy by other person, the reason is you only i.e., you suspect that you would have showed some sign of arrogance. Even for showing the sign of arrogance you get a punishment within probably few hours, then what will be the fate of persons like Sadha.
    So my strong belief in human life is:
    The elders like us today were youngsters of yesterday and we were moulded by the elders of our family in developing our personality, character etc.,
    When we see an enviable neighbor, the very starting point of the evil feeling, it is truly a drive for improving ourselves. This feeling will grow if the drive what you derived from observing the other person, in to a feeling of envy or jealous if the drive does not succeed. At this point only the matured mind should think of our own strengths and weaknesses. You have clearly indicated that we do not envy our President Abdul Kalam or unreachable personalities. Because we tamed our minds and morale by our own assessment on ourselves.
    Hence it is possible for us to shape our mind and practice our feelings to keep a limit to use it for driving towards a better future for ourselves and not to get into a bad feeling of jealousy and create trouble to the person who has not done anything to us.
    In this materialistic world self analysis is very important to keep us within the track of happy and successful life. IN THIS KALIYUG MURPAGAL SEYYIN PIRPAGAL VILLAYUM is very true and I practically see persons and families who did bad things due to the possession of above evil feelings during earlier times ( may be about 20 years ago) now I see them reaping the benefits! Of their earlier action. If they are missing their children are getting. Like putting wealth in banks, we keep good things in God’s accounts book as responsible human for our future generations. If we do not have sufficient age to get the benefits God give them without fails with interest to our children. Every one of us will have to realize this. Of us who were good during our earlier days, are definitely getting good things happening in their lives now. Since only the individual and the Almighty is aware of the past deeds, we cannot comment of persons who get bad returns now. Even though I dragged into some other areas, I would like to tell you that

DO NOT GIVE A SOFT CORNER TO THE PEOPLE WHO POSSESSES THIS FEELING OF ENVY AND TRY TO CORRECT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO INADVERTANTLY SHOW OR PRESUMED TO HAVE SHOWN THE ARROGANCE IN THE BEHAVIOUR. TRY TO SUGGEST HOW TO BE GOOD HUMAN BEINGS FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FUTURE GENERATION.

Thanks for your nice posting and thought provoking topics.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Old is gold Sridhar :)

Hi Sridhar,

You please continue with your old fashion to answer our mails. Because when you are answering our own mail, we i.e. I feel that you are talking with me directly. So please don’t stop that and this new discussion mode…. It is like ‘ kadamba sadham’. Sorry to say this. I am expecting your reply from last night.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

That was a great outpouring, Krishnaamma!

Dear K,

that was a great outpouring. Really. I enjoyed it and in fact I am not in a mood to reply to it, as you have said it all. But by a second post (supplementary post for a response!) you have asked for individual reply. Hence this.
    Krishnaamma, we have a saying in our town.
    குருக்களக் கடிச்ச நாய் சொர்க்கத்துக்கு போகுமா, நரகத்துக்குப் போகுமான்னு அப்பறம் யோசிக்கலாம், முதல்ல குருக்கள் ஆஸ்பத்திரிக்குப் போகணும்.

Let's defer the question, whether the dog that bit the priest would go to heavan or hell, to a later time; right now the priest has to go to the hospital. Let the jealous people suffer for their wrongs. But let us protect ourselves.

Now let me summarise and generalise the kan drishti theory. As I said it is a fight between two minds. If the jealous mind is powerful it can inflict the harm on the victims mind. So what I suggested in effect was to develop more mind-power as an antidote to kan-drishti. Arrogance, even if it is there in the mildest form, weakens the mind and makes it highly susceptible to kan drishti.
    But thats not the only reason. See my earlier replies on the same subject.

Nice interacting with you, K.
    regards,
    sridhar