A Series On Space

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kkrish, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning
    At @Madhumagie 's request I am posting the next article. - my favorite topic - space.
    Yes, flattery does get folks somewhere:).

Important note:

I had written small articles for another website/forum that catered to children of elementary age level. That website belonged to a long-lost friend of mine from my childhood days.

The articles here also are targeted towards the same age group. Therefore they may appear juvenile.

The intention is to spark an interest in young minds and encourage them to explore and learn more on their own.
    I hope parents will read these articles and introduce the wonderful world of our universe to their children.

I will choose to continue or stop depending on the reception of the first one.
    Each article takes a lot of time reading different resources and whittling the information down to its simple format.

Thanks

Index of articles

1. Our Solar System I - Relative Size And Distance Between Sun And Planets.
    2. Solar System II - Our Sun
    3. Solar System III – Our Moon (a Serendipity?)

Madhumagie, Gauri03 and jskls like this.

2. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

Hi Ma'am

Thank you so much , you just don't know Wat am i feeling right now reading this post ( i closed my eyes for few seconds and prayed my almighty GOVINDA , and told him god please take care of my Kamala give her good health and please care for her and fulfill all her wishes which will keep her happy always ).

Thanks again for taking all the pain to throw some information on space, since childhood i am so amazed about the space wanted to know more and learn more whenever i saw the sky with its twinkling stars in the night , but somehow life and God had different things for me i could not pursue my interest , and now you have come to share the knowledge about the SPACE , i feel within me that's is where GOd is somewhere with his own form where this ordinary human mind and eyes are unable to see him directly the way he is :flushed:.

Ma'am i know science is all with evidence and scientific reasons always have an unknown connection in its own way , where human beings keep exploring discovering and inventing .

I love to read what all you write word by word , and near our house there are tents of laborer class where their children keep playing , definitely i will spend Thursday morning from 10.00 to 11.30 ( this is the only time i have i can spend for them though i feel like doing much more to them but not happening ) sharing all your information which i read in this post in a form of a story.

Thanks agaim my angel !:worship2:

Love you
    Madhu

kkrish likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish, timely thread. Stephen Hawking's 75th birthday today (Jan 8th)!

Taking the liberty to post a quote by him:

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up.”

kkrish, Madhumagie and kaniths like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Madhumagie
    Thank you for your wishes and prayers my friend.
    I feel a bit uncomfy with all that praise though.
    A small correction - I am no angel to those who know me personally; it is only a facade that I wear in the virtual world.
    Ask my husband and he'll give a long list of the kind of "badrakaali" I am :)
    Well, enough about me.

I am happy you are interested in space too.
    I too was introduced to that wondrous world when I was a child. My dad made us members of the Astronomical Society in Chennai and I had attended some meetings. Much information was way over my head but I enjoyed looking through the telescope.

Here is the first article Our Solar System I - Relative Size And Distance Between Sun And Planets..

Madhumagie likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Rihana
    What an apt and wonderful quote.

Yes, once we set our sights high our thoughts will reign there.

"...And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up"
    There is so much truth to these words.

I take it a good omen to begin this venture on his birthday too.

Madhumagie likes this.
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Lovely post @kkrish ....just in time for pongal too...
    Loved ur idea of using saree to bring home the idea of relative distances and sizes.

kkrish likes this.
  7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

:)..why just kids...the way u write will spark curiosity in all the readers... Keep those articles coming..will post my kochens..after I digest the videos.

kkrish likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you JAG. You have no idea how much you words mean to me.

Sure, go ahead an ask questions.
    I may not have all answers, but I'll try to get hem for you. In the process I too will learn more.

kaniths and justanothergirl like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

kkrish likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame