A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I dont really have anything to say. Just peeped in to say that you ladies, are collecting a trove of info here for everyone to see. Kudos to all of you!:cheers

2. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hey,
    Thanx Archana!!
    Any idea abt this school?? ur feedbacks and suggestions are also welcome!!

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I will try visiting the Velachery centre. Sounds interesting to me. Have IL'ites at Velachery seen or heard of Navadisha Montessori School? This is at AGS colony, and follows CBSE pattern as well. I got a couple of friends, whose kids study there. A good study pattern, and a well groomed environment. By the way, the kid with the pencil on her nose in Aschool home page is so cute!

4. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Yes Archana,
    The little girl in the ad does look very cute! so, r u going to visit A school or the other one?
    pls give ur feedbacks! i am also planning to put my 3 year old daughter in the same school...

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I have already known abt Navadisha.Will try visiting A School over the next week. I am out of town over the weekend! :-(

6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

i am putting her in velachery. right now they have converted a house into montessori. they said the building is yet to be erected and that would be around 3 kms radius, say pallikaranai or madipakkam. so right now they take only the montessori stuff and not any other thing. there were couple of other kids when i put my girl there, including a 19 months old. in today's hindu paper i saw that the admissions for 4 years and above is closed!

7. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi shri,
    Thanks for the valuable informations. The more the informations we get to know about this school, the more I feel better. I have already registered online and when I spoke to a concerned authority, I was informed that there is no pre-kg or lkg's.. it would be called as montessori till 5.5 years
    and this house is only for montessori. once they complete it, they would be shifted to the high school within 2 km radius for 1st std. He assured that it would not go beyond 2kms from the present location.
    I am giving importance to the location as well. Moreover if the transportation facility is provided, then nothing much to worry about..Just keeping my fingers crossed!!!
    Thanks!:thumbsup

8. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

tuffyshri - thnx for the info.

just today my hubb paid a visit to the thiruvanmiyur branch and seems it was about .75 kms from the RTO. another 2 kms in 1st std could be quite longer for the kid, but should be ok with a van service.

few risk/concerns that i see -
    1) How sure are we that the classes 1-12 will come up? they say stds 1-5 will come up in 2010 and 6-12 in 2011. Any inside information from any other authentic source that this would be true?

2) How sure are we that they wouldn't, say, merge a few branches (say velachery & thiruvanmiyur & alwarpet) in future, and say that they cannot afford an independent branch for each school, since the numbers are lesser than expected?

3) if we find the school 'not-so-good' at the end of first or second year, based on the child's age, would he/she be eligible for LKG or UKG in other schools? i guess its a yes.. but pls confirm.

i know whatever is listed above are too pessimistic, but have you ladies thought of a contingency plan for the above concerns? if yes, pls share. and if any of you hv caught hold of any insiders who hv given you more information that are sure authentic, pls share the same here and it will be useful for all of us.

at the surface, i am impressed with whatever the school claims, and mainly its proximity for my kid. but i dont want to jump the gun. pls help !

9. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    Yes, these points have to be pondered over!
    Any information on further details, pls update here..
    Thanks again!

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

touch wood! Same questions popped in my mind too. but since my kid is just doing pre-kg, i still have an option to switch next year. so giving it a try. and i did ask that person about question 1 and he said that his vision was to build higher classes rather than kids and this kids is just a starter (may be source of income for the upcoming building? or may be looking at the feedback rate.. dunno) and that school will follow chettinad vidyashram's pattern. but now i am hearing a lot of people saying they have put their kid in A School, so let us be positive!