A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

veena - i wud look at the school this weekend, but i heard that they are still doing the interiors for the school. also not sure how much info you can get out of a school that is still not there. only reason i dont want to miss this out is, this is going to be the closest cbse school for me, and if it really turns out to be good later on, i do not want to repent. yes, i hv spoken to them in length.. i can more info going to the head office in person, which is in mt road. can i know why you are bothered abt their affiliation? they should hv enough justification even now coz they are going to start classes 1-5 this year itself right?

Manthan vidyashram - is that a cbse school? i dont see an indication anywhere in their site.

2. praveenavijay

praveenavijay Senior IL'ite

They have mentioned that they will be starting the high schoo next year only and they are yet to decide the place that would be around 2 KM. So I am scarred whether they will come up next year. I wish it should come.

I called Manthan and they said they are moving into school premises in kottivakkam, and so that they will get affiliated to CBSE. (I saw the ad in adyar times this week so I called up them).

But compared to Manthan I prefer A School which has reputed background.

3. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi,
    Good to see this thread..i too am eagerly awaiting the feedbacks about this school - about the curriculum, teacher-student ratio, the overall atmosphere, fees and other extra curricular activities. Today my husband would be speaking to the concerned people. My daughter is 3 yrs now and I am planning to put her in pre-kg. Anna nagar and Ashok nagar is very nearby and the distance is what my main concern is.. I don't want to take a chance by waiting for one more year..
    Pls update here all that you know about this school..

Thanks in advance!

Veena

4. asha_karthik

hi veena sajith...
    some info i gathered by just talking to the school coordinators..
    teacher-student ratio - 1:12-15
    annual fees - around 25k
    curriculum - montessori till 5.5 years old, cbse starting 1st
    rest - since the school is just coming up, its very difficult to get a confirmed information on anything.

veena (praveena) - when you say they are going to move to another place for 1st to 5th std, is it away from thiruvanmiyur or towards thiruvanmiyur? good you gave that info. the biggest advantage i see in this school for my kid is, its the closest. but if they are going farther, needs further thinking. pls let us know.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. praveenavijay

Veena,
    In which news paper u saw the ad about this school.

6. praveenavijay

Hi Asha,

It should be within 2 km they said. So not sure where will be the school comes. You also ask this query to them.

7. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi Praveena,
    Its given in today's Hindu newspaper in the front page.check out!

8. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    Thanks for the given info..Like others, I too am very curious to know more abt this school mainly since it is affiliated to CBSE, a good reputation and foremost the distance. I stay at Virugambakkam and so both Anna nagar and Ashok nagar seem to be close.
    I see you have mentioned that they are going to move to another place
    from 1st- 5th std and that too near Tiruvanmiyur..IS that correct?
    Then, I need to think twice before putting her there..just for 2 years, can't take the risk since it would be difficult to get admission after UKG in other schools..
    Pls confirm...Let me too call up and get the details..
    pls update all the details which you all are able to get from the school authorities..
    Thanks a ton!!

9. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hi,
    I just spoke to the concerned person in the school and was quite satisfied with the response.
    It seems the montessori is till 5.5 years old and this school is only for kids. once they are in 1st std, they will be moved to another branch in the same area. They would be finishing the construction by 2010.
    The fees is 24k per year ie. 2000/ per month. it is refundable if the kid is not given the admission by the school by any chance.
    I am registering it today itself.

10. asha_karthik

veena sajith - the montessori in thiruvanmiyur will be moving 2 kms further for 1-5 classes. not sure abt the branches in anna nagar and ashok nagar. you may hv to call that number given in their ad today and check.