A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. praveenavijay

praveenavijay Senior IL'ite

Yes the fees is for 1 session, I have enquired them. But in thiruvanmaiyur branch they have said that they havent decided about other sessions.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi

Just before 2 hours, my relative said he is going to get admission for his son (who is 3 years) in A School.

he said in Anna Nagar near Valliammal College (opp to Krishna Sweets), the A School is located.

andal

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

today my daughter had her interview. no, it is actually the other way. they let us ask any question we have about the school to them.
    1) the big plan is to build high schools and not kids, however they are starting with this
    2) this is of montessori pattern. from 18 months to 5 years, children are admitted. after 5th year they will get admitted in the high school that they are proposing to finish by 2010, to Ist standard
    3) the fees is Rs. 24000 for a year
    4) regular school timing is 9 am to 12 noon. the other slots are for extra curricular activities with separate cost. outside children can also join. but these happens after pooja holidays. cost will also be decided then
    5) school starts from june second week
    6) there is no plan yet about transport and day care
    7) there is no kg concept, just 2 groups - upto 2.5 years and beyond 2.5 years
    and they explained us the neighbourhood concept also. i am happy and have admitted my daughter :)

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai tuffyshri,

Thanks for the info. Glad that your daughter got an admission. All the best to her.

andal

5. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Veena
    what hv u decided abt this school? hv u got urself registered?
    i did talk to the head office and get all the necessary details that i can. but since thiruvanmiyur center is still being built, with not even the entire school constructed, how can we decide? also, do you know where exactly this Lakshmanaperumal nagar telephone exchange is? is it after or before RTO? if u hv more landmark, pls let me know.

6. praveenavijay

Hi Asha,

I have not decided to put this year. For L.K.G only i am plannig. By that time the school will get ready. Now let her go to play school itself.

Hey u know my friend tried in BVM this year, she didnt get in the school, now she is putting in St.Micheals. So hoping A school should come well so that we can put there itself.

The School is near nellai nadar schoo, back side of RTO.

7. asha_karthik

thnx for the info veena. i cannot wait till next year for my LO. need to put her in this year itself.

tuffyshri - thnx for the info you hv shared here. which center of 'A school' is your kid put into? are they bringing in the 1st to 5th classes & above also this year itself?

manjulats/andal - would be good if you can share any info about this school that you hv, based on what your relatives (who hv put their kids there) say.

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Asha,

Which area are you planning to put your daughter in?My brother in law might put his son in velachery.They still haven't decided about the branch.

I will let you know more if i get some information from them.

9. asha_karthik

hi manju
    thnx for letting me know. thiruvanmiyur or velachery (most likely thiruvanmiyur) would be just right for my kid. pls let me know when you get more info.

10. praveenavijay

Asha,
    Why dont you go and see the school directly? Have you spoke to them? Have you decided to put ur lil this year into the school directly? I am so scarred about the affiliation and the school premises. There is Manthan Vidyashram school in Palavakkam, have you enqiured that also?

Others, let me know your opinion in putting kid into A school for higher classes also.