A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

yes this time it is going to be purely my gut feeling. I am hearing good things abt the A School Ashok Nagar branch. Yes, any new school will have initial hiccups, but the school seems to try hard to achieve what they are here for so it is better to go for such a school than any franchise school. we have abt a week's time to meet the school administration and pay the fees. Thanks for being right here to support lost parents like me..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma,

thanks so much for the info.. When I go for the interaction session, I will try to probe more abt the exact location. Yes I heard till 1st std they stay in these local branches which suits me and then move on to the main school from 2nd std. Yes they said fees is 9000 (one time admission fee) + 5000 (material fee) + 28800 (fee for 3 temrs put together) = 42800/-.. so from next year it would still be around Rs. 33800/-.

So whats your feedback on the school as such, the teaching methods, teachers? Is you DD happy?

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Hope you and LOs are doing great.. yes, A School (any branch) has only preschool and Elementary classes as of now. They have a concept of neighbourhood schools meaning the small children till a certain age go to A School near their residence. So after the 1st std, they go to the main school (locations as Uma has mentioned). You may even ask your parents to visit the branch for their satisfaction.. If you surely want to admit your DD there, just call them up (branch closest to you) and mention that you want to register online, but say you are returning only in May so can the parents / child interaction happen in May as soon as you are back. But also mention that you would even pay the fees online if required or ask your parents to visit their admin office in Rani Seethai Hall and with the registered (online) application form, they can pay the fees there. And you can always meet them after you are back. I am sure they will accomodate such changes when it comes to NRI cases.

Abt Roots to Wings - they are a setup by the recently famous EduComp company. They are given very good feedback from the parents and the fees is cheaper than A School (term fees will be 6000/- as compared to 9200/- in A School) and it is there in K. K. Nagar behind PSBB and in Valasaravakkam somewhere near Vembuliamman Koil. BUT they are all franchised and after UKG, either they might bring a setup of a main school (if yes, it may be in OMR) or we have to get admission in other schools of our choice. thats the difference..

4. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hi AD,

My DD is going to the Velachery branch. Initially I did not like the school cuz it was too crowded and there were not much caretakers. My DD used to cry and go behind an ayah. I even once spotted her once with the ayah who was cleaning the bathrooms. I got irritated but then I wanted to give sometime before I question. And then they split the Toddlers group into two sessions after which there was proper care. Teachers of the toddlers are very good. They were patient and very child friendly. One of my friend's DD was in pre-primary and she was not happy with the kids teacher. Ofcourse opinions differ!! So far so good except for the odd school timing for my DD. My DD is particularly happy with her teacher Rachana and I guess I will have a tough time for the initial few days next academic year when she will have to face different teachers :)

Cheers
    Uma

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Uma.. thanks for your feedback. I am hoping DS's schooling with them will be good enough since this is not their first year, so hopefully this year they will be more organised. Are you looking for changing schools? why?

6. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hey AD,
    I am also hoping that the school would be little organized this year. I am confused whether to continue in the same school or to switch!! My hair is going white thinking about schooling for my DD. I am apprehensive about the crowd in such a small house. The bungalow is already crammed full and now this year there will be additional batches coming in as the 1st std kids will continue their schooling here. There is no proper classroom setup. I understand that this kind of homely environment is good for KG but for 1st std....!!!Moreover I am little skeptical on the higher schooling campus and the fee accordingly. Ofcourse the school is bubbly, has activities for the kids every week, Regular PTA meetings and feedback on kids shared with parents end of every term. I also understand that the teething problem will get over soon but am afraid the same teething problem would re-occur when they start the school for higher classes ultimately making our kids suffer once again.
    I am sorry to have poured my frustration here.
    I was hoping to receive inputs from A-School parents but alas, there were no inputs for my posts in this thread. Let me stop worrying and wait and watch for things to shape out!!
    All the best for your DD!! Hoping to see some updates from you in the near future on A School.

Cheers
    Uma

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Uma, dont worry, Hopefully, these hiccups will settle down soon.. As far as your DD is happy being there, dont worry. Yes, I wish parents who have their kids in there could come back with feedback so to help other parents.

Mine is DS and is a handful.. so with numerous such kids, I will anyday appreciate the patient and kind teachers. Yep I will come back here often to update information. Thanks for being around.

8. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

I will also post any new updates that I come across AD.

Cheers
    Uma

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Uma,

Don't worry.I too join with you.My half the hair are already white,thinking about the schools from here,as I am unable to talk to anyone in person.

Are you in googlegroups of IL.

As Shanvy said all schools have +ve and -ve things.

10. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Manjula,

I am not in google groups. I would also be more than happy to talk to someone. Let me know how to join the group so that we can talk.
    Your profile states that you are in US. Are you planning to come down to India?

Thanks!
    Uma

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010