A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hello Arthi,

I have enrolled my daughter in Velachery branch. Velachery branch school is a bungalow and not much of outer play area.
    I have seen somewhere in this thread that Ashok Nagar branch is also similar to other branches.
    Moreover during my admission process, the management informed us that Ashok Nagar branch is closed for new inscribe. The new school will be from 1st to 12th and this will be within 5km radius of the pre-school.
    So you will have to call the school and check for vacancy.

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Ums, thanks for your quick reply. They told me for this year it is closed, so I need to try for next year. my house is 2 kms away from this branch.. so I am worried about my kid travelling nearly 8 kms to school from 1st std.. hmmm, will keep an eye on this thread for any more info.

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

deleted post

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  4. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Yes Arthi, definitely travel time is one aspect which must be on the top of the list when we consider schools for our kids. The little ones get stressed out by the time they reach school premises in the traffic congestion these days.
    But you may never know, the school might turn out to be near your home since 5km radius is what the management has promised.
    Good luck to your school search!!

5. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hello everybody,

How are you people doing? No updates from anyone??!!! Just wanted to let you people know that I received a message from A School asking the parents to collect ID cards which needs to be produced each time we pick up the child from school.
    I guess many of you would have received this sms.
    What are the other updates?

6. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Ashok Nagar A School Pre Primary group would have started to function from today.
    What is the update? How was it?

7. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi all,

:) Today was my daughter's first day at A school. Happy that it started as decided.. A few parents had already come when we reached there at 9:20 AM. They distributed their bags, biscuits and mugs to the children. Every parent had to meet the admin, a lady who introduced herself and briefed us about how the school will function thereafter. They gave us the kid's ID cards which the parents are supposed to produce before picking up the kid, for security reasons.

We had a parent distributing chocolates to all other kids to celebrate this beginning. There was no class today and we left after that. It will be more of play till July 3rd, only after that the montessori teaching method would start.

Overall a good start! (Tiruvanmiyur branch)

Rajani

8. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Since i am still in the US, my husband who is at present in Chennai went to A School, Velachery branch today. He told me that the construction has been completed and the school people were setting up the place since today was the first day of school for most of the kids at Velachery branch. He was very happy with the set up of the school from outside as he was not able to see the inside. One of the school associates told him that he will not be able to see the inside as they were making all arrangements and setting up everything since it is the first day of school.
    But overall he said that he was happy since there were no construction workers at the site, all painting and other work was completed and the school looked very good.

Other Illites please send us your updates of the first day of school at the various branches of A School.

Thanks!
    Lavanya

9. Veena sajith

Veena sajith New IL'ite

Hello all,
    Today was my daughter's first day of her school in Ashok nagar branch. All construction works were completed as expected. The school time was 9.30am to 10.30am and the kids are divided among several groups like Ganga, Yamuna, Sarawathi, Godavari..Each group is taken care by 2 teachers. We could go inside.Ashok nagar branch has 2 floors and each floor is divided into various blocks. The teacher was pleasant and well spoken. The kids are given various toys to play with and they are supposed to sit on the mat. My daughter was introduced to 7 of her friends in her group. I saw the kids enjoying among themselves and playing with the toys.
    When enquired abt the transport, they said it is going to take a month's time and that e-mail has to be sent in the given mail id in the website. They provided the A school bag, her Id card and the list of holidays chart. Id card is a must!
    Overall, it was satisfactory and hope this satisfaction continues thruout the year..
    Hoping to hear from others too!
    Take care!

10. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hello Veena and Rajani,

Was the school premises air conditioned?