A sad news, friends !

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Very sorry to hear, Prathi

Prathi

I feel very sorry about your loss. May her soul rest in peace. May god give you and your family all the strength to bear this loss.

Take care and our prayers will always be there. Have a very safe journey.

Vidya

2. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Pray God for strength

Dear Prathi,
    Am very sorry for your loss.I cannot begin to imagine how u must feel.Hope your mother is at a peaceful place now.May God rest her soul and give you strength in this time of dire need.Please know that you are in our prayers.

Love,
    Suba.

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends

Thanks to each and every one of you for having taken time to post such touching messages and for having prayed for my mother's soul.

I came back to malaysia yesterday after witnessing all the rites. I had posed a strong facade in front of my father all these days, so that he could gather himself but i realised after leaving bangalore that i am not so strong after all.

Thanks friends for being with me. I am grateful to each and everyone of you for the same.

4. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Sorry Prathi,

Dear Prathi,
    Very sorry to hear the sad news.
    We all will pray for her soul and it rests in heaven in peace.
    Pls take care of yourself and I do pray God to give enough strength to you & your family at this hour of need.
    We are all with you Prathi. Anything you need please let us know.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Time heals..

Dear Prathi,

Welcome back. Your words showed how brave you have been for your family at a very difficult time. Something very sad has happened and no words can soothe your pain Prathi. Only passing time will dull your hurt. Also, remember that your mother has left her thoughts and feelings for all of you as a constant reminder that she is always with you in spirit. Cherish the lovely moments you had with her and somehow, let her go and think of your family and the present. Life goes on.
    Start sharing your recipes and thoughts and love with us. Just get busy and occupied.

Love and regards,
    Kamla

6. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Hello Prathi,

Very sorry to hear your loss. May GOD rest the soul in the heaven and give you strength to bear this loss.

sonia

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Be brave

Dear Prathi,

I was thinking of you many times in the last few days. It was a solace to know that you were able to be with your family at this time of great grief. Your presence would have meant so much to your father.
    I hope you are trying to come to terms with the reality. It will be very difficult but be brave as you had been so far. Only time can heal such wounds. Always think of the good times you had with your mother and strengthen yourself.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

8. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks chilbuli imli and sonia for you prayers.

Kamla and Varloo, thanks for ur warm "welcome back" messages. I will try my best to go on with life, be brave and face the fact as it is. Thanks for all the support. Now, i am pretty confident that there are many warm hearts on IL to comfort me and that will make me feel better gradually. Thanks, friends.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

how are you?

Dear Prathi,
    I saw a programme on tv, Dr.Lakshmy Vijayakumar talked about managing loss of a dear one. She suggests that we should think about the good times we spend with our departed dear ones. That way we will have happy memories of them always.
    Usually, people will advice to forget our grief. That is not possible for anyone. With the passing of time, we could always think about how we spend the time together, happy moments, touching incidents etc. This will check our sadness and make us think about them is a positive manner. I know it early for me to say this, but keep it in your mind. I want to help in anyway I could. Being away from home will make it more hard for you. So only I wanted to share your grief to whatever extend I can. Pl take care. How is your father? Is there any of your siblings near him?
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

I am okay! How are you?

Dear Varloo,

To know that there are people who care so much, wells up my eyes.
    People may advise to forget grief, but that's not so easy even if we want to. LIke u said, coming back here has deepened my hurt. I am trying to get involved in the daily chores and my daughter's activities and trying to distract myself but all said and done, it's not very easy. I know, where there is life death is inevitable, but all philosophical thinking ends with my mind. My heart cannot think: it only feels the pain of this permanent separation. Anyhow, I am trying to remember my mother as she was when she interacted with me in my waking hours. But my sleep is bringing me nightmares resembling her death scenes, leaving me deeply disturbed as i awake.

I will follow your words and try to recall only her sweet memories as much as possible. And as they say, time is the healer. I shall recover from this gradually with all your love and help.

My father is with my elder brother. I am confident that my brother will take care of him well.

Thanks for a loving message Varloo. We all see a true friend in you. How is your son's health? Keep in touch and take care.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.