1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Return Gift From The Birthday Baby

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 30, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    You are right, Bhargavi. I am generally against an expensive birthday bash as we will be sowing some wrong values in the child. The only thing I love about the party is the identical return gift. I have seen that in some marriages. They normally give a return gift. And they would have bags in three colours. There will be a 'knowing' person sitting in the gift counter who will see the guest, assess her and then give her an appropriate bag. Nothing is more vulgar than that.
    One's birthday is the most opportune time to think about that great subject. Thanks for understanding.

Honestly, Bhargavi, if we can think about our death during those moments in a healthy way, our lives would really be great. We wont let money interfere in our decisions regarding our job, our marriage and our life.

It's Tagore's. I join you in admiring that great, soft poet.

Thanks

I think that song is in Neer Kumizhi. Nagesh would be a cancer patient. He would be lying underneath a car, when the doctor or nurse will be telling some one that he (Nagesh in that movie) is going to die of cancer. Nagesh would come up from under the car. You should see his facial expression. My God! Aadi adangum vazkaiyada is an all time classic.
    that's the most cruel part of death. But who are dear ones, Bhargavi? Are they not just us sitting in different bodies just for a life time?

I have to thank you for the time and for the long, involved fb, every word of which I relished.
    But did you read the Tamil version, Bhargavi?
    love,

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hmmm... So Sridhar, the point is- Pain or pleasure- they are the making of the mind. No Mind- Nothing exists! But alas! Always the mind works overtime to keep us at our human levels! It needs a power more superior than the mind to break its link and connect to the Origin.A tough task indeed! No wonder very few are able to take the challenge posed by the Creator!
    Regards,
    Malathi

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    I have not read the tamil version sir.Surely i will do that and get back to you.Interestingly,you have described about nagesh film Neer kumizh.

Thanks a ton for your detailed and prompt response.:thankyou2:

Regards
    BC

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

By now you would have guessed that I tend to swing to extremes every now and then.

Last Friday, my ego had bloated so much, that I talked about the super star and my being similar to him.

Probably to compensate that, this time I am seeking work from you.

I ask you in plain words,

Will You Let Me Work For You?

Don't try to venture an off the cuff answer till you have finished reading the thread.

love,

5. sgirishnaik

sgirishnaik New IL'ite

give plants and save environment envirofriend.in