1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

A question about bollywood costumes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Norka, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Norka

Norka New IL'ite

Hi everyone!
    I am not Indian but I am a big fan of India & its culture. I really like bollywood dancing & I have a team of girls who dance with me. We are preparing to perform & several questions have come up about costumes; I'll be happy for any advice, thanks!

I guess I have trouble expressing what I want to the sellers in the Indian shop because I don't know exactly how to name it! I know I want a lehnga choli, but that's about it :bonk I am very new to all this & I probably look really stupid standing there trying to explain what I'm looking for :) I was wondering if anyone could give some tips on color, fabric, skirt width, & anything else that you think could be helpful.

Thank you again, have a wonderful day!

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Norka,

If you are at India, then it should not be a problem as most upmarket stores stock these lehngas and the typical bollywood style you are looking for. If you are outside india, you can order them online. I will try finding a couple of sites for you on it!

:)

Arch

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi norka,
    anarkali gress(long skirt like shirt with slacks like trousers) are also good for dancing but
    as u have decided on the best dress for dance-lenga (skirt) choli(blouse) & chunni(long scarf) u need help to choose fabric,colour etc
    colour-avoid red,back,white
    go for sky blue,pink,orange,purple,green............
    fabric-Net is in fashion with satin lining in lenga & choli.chunni without lining
    width-normally 2.5 metres to 4 metres
    lenght-2-4 inches below knees.slacks underneath can be knee length
    matching jewellary-lots of bangles,anklets,necklace,long earrings........
    put bindi & if possible henna on hands & feets (specially soles)
    download some photos of Indian actress which u want to copy & carry it to shopkeepers.they will find easier to understand what u are looking for.
    hope it helps
    pragati