1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A peep into the world of ghosts!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vivbass
    That was a wonderful technique that your mum followed to make you obey her! She was not 'cheating' you but she just followed a novel method to get you to do whatever was necessary. Hats off to her!
    All believers in spirits would have come across some definite incident to make them believe. Since not every one gets a chance to witness such incidents, there will be believers and non-believers.
    I look upon spirits as good story material. It is incredible how many stories get spun out of the spirits! Having said that, I must add that I like only desi ghost stories. The hollywood stuff like The Living Dead, Friday the 13th etc are nauseating indeed!
    Sri

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

The caption tempted me to peep in. As I started reading line after line I was in tearing in laughter. I liked the way you have classified the ghosts.

Well, I when i was a kid, my cousin 8 years elder to me i was 4 then, opened page of one of the tamil books and showed me a picture and told me its called ghost and they appear at night after 12.00. I never discussed about this with anyone at home but the image was clear in my head and vision. As a kid, I was dead to this world after 9.00, but, in case I have to go to attend natures call, for some strange reasons always could picture that ghost. :spin:spin. The ghosts in the movies never over ruled this picture, for me, ghost has exactly to be like the picture i have seen when i was 4. With every passing year the picture took a serious vision, but i never gave up watching movies on ghosts with all the stereophonic sound effect. Somehow, i got over it.

When i told this old story to my mom after i crossed 20, she told me no wonder you used to wake me up and then go to attend natures call :hide:.

Today I feel how silly i was. And your write up on talking to spirits makes me quote here... one of my friend opened up with me today saying she speaks to ghosts. it threw my dermis open but managed to conceal it and try to find out more on her venture. Finally she told me she does not see them nor hear them but its telepathy. I cleared her mind saying may be its her conscious that speaks to her; she started narrating few scenes which proved to her that her dead relatives have arrived. I again tried to stop her from her venture by saying once they come they do not go .. they belong to a different world and we have no right to disturb them. Let them live in peace.. Big LaughBig Laugh(i brought life in dead peopleBig Laugh). She seemed to be happy in her venture and I left her alone. Just happened today. God.. this was news to me.
    This was perfect rambling.. he he

3. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Hello Sir,

This topic is very dear to me. Men are afraid of only ghosts and thats why they see their DW's has ghosts.

Recently, my neighbor who got married went to Ooty for honeymoon. They shared with us the terrific experience they had in the cottage. The wife was telling me that the TV kept in the hall got switched on by its own. She switched it off again and went to bed. When she got up in the midnight for a nature's call she found that the TV was again switched on.

The next day, when she latched the bathroom door and was getting ready for a bath, the door opened on its own. She came out and told her husband everything that happened from the previous night. The husband was not aware of all these. They complained to the reception and got their room changed. From then the next five days of their honeymoon went peacefully.

Later on they came to know that particular room was not given to anybody during seasons. Since this couple went off season, they were offered this room to know the current status.

Recently a MMS was creating a sensation regarding a "Siddar's" ghost like image (apparition) captured in Thiruvannamalai through Mobile Camera. But do not know how authentic it is!

But till now I did not have any personal experience seeing or feeling a ghost.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Cheeniya

Dear Mals
    You are a pleasure to read as always!
    Your mention of your friend who speaks to her dead relatives gave me further insight into the working of the human mind. I have noticed one thing. However much we may hold a grudge against a person when alive, the moment he is dead, we stop feeling any anymosity towards him. If a person, with whom we are not in talking terms for years, comes before us as spirit, we are civility personified! We talk to him and want him to be equally communicative. Of course, all these are through a duly accredited medium only. The usually reliable sources tell me that when a medium is in communication with the dead, the messages from the dead are communicated by the medium in the exact voice of the dead, male or female!
    Having said all this, I must tell you that I have no personal experience with spirits except the ones labelled Black!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Vanaja
    That episode of the honeymoon couple's tryst with the spirit was indeed hair raising, though it would have had no effect on me being bald! But it is amazing that the modern gadgets are finding their way to the world of spirits too.

A ghost watching TV is certainly a great advancement from the days when they used to be hanging upside down from trees and waiting for a customer. I wonder what would be the favourite TV programmes of the ghosts. May be the Midnight Masala as it would suit their timings too. Wonder which programme gets the highest TRP ratings in the world of spirits!

I have heard of Siddhas not coming out in pictures even when they are physically photographed but this is the first time, I hear of an invisible Siddha coming out in a picture.He must be a Siddha with a difference!
    Sri

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hats off sir, for the wonderful research work you have undertaken! I have a grouse against you for having left out my favourite 'Julius Caeser' from your research work! How could you forget the great Shakespeare who has dedicated a place for the ghost of Caesar in his work? Hmmm... Interesting findings though!
    Regards,
    Malathi

7. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    You are absolutely right about the Bard. And who can forget the ghost of Banquo either? In fact, Macbeth is a lot more eerie than any other play of WS. But then full justice can not be done to the Bard's 'spiritual' creations unless I write a separate thread for them!
    Sri

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  8. Jayalakshmi Mohan

Jayalakshmi Mohan New IL'ite

20 years ago, when my children were between 5 and 3, they used to be afraid of ghosts. Just to get them out of the fear, I tell them that there is nothing to be afraid of and they are as normal as everyone of us. So, invite them to our drawing room make them sit and offer some drinks.
    My elder son asked "if they ask for blood"?
    I replied at once "tell the ghost that we are all HIV +ve and they will disappear at once"!
    From that day my sons stopped worrying about ghosts.Big Laugh

Jaya Mohan

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Jaya
    That's resourcefulness at its best!Big Laugh
    Ghosts themselves have a great sense of humour like the one we saw in 'Pattinathil Bootham' but we get frightened of their pranks unnecessarily!
    Sri

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri Sir,
    I usually see much serious issues narrated lighter veins in your posts....so, I opened this poset expecting another gr8 mssg from you.........but...what I am seeing.....ghosts......everywhere......<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 42.75pt; HEIGHT: 25.5pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/notthatway.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\mishras\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata><o:lock v:ext="edit" cropping="t"></o:lock></v:shape>.
    Anyways, it reminded me of one incident of my BS time......we used to go for study trips every year during our graduation time.....and on the second year we headed to South around Christmas time. On 25th December night (in fact midnight, we were at Tuti corin/Mandapam that time), we senior students(both boys/girls guided by a local tour guide(he was a boy in the guest house where we were staying) went to visit a church nearby and on the way to and fro talked only about the ghosts and all.
    After having a full flop-show (we didn't get any cakes/chocolates as they show in TVs) in the church, we came back around 1 or 2 am in the morning. All the boys went to sleep right then but we girls decided to play some prank on them. The boys got a dorm which was a glass house. So, we girls covered ourselves with white bed spreads and hold candles in our hand and started knocking here and there around the windows/doors of the dorm.......
    None of the boys woke up to see what's going on in our first attempt.....after that we started beating on the doors and one of our senior woke up and asked........whats going on girls.......go and sleep......
    It was so embarrassing at that time......we came to our rooms and went to sleep only to be frightened by the boys there after.
    On the next day, this incident was discussed with our teachers and seniors and everyone laughed on the previous night's flop-show.............
    But it was gr8 fun to talk about thereafter.......
    Regards.