1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A peep into the world of ghosts!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri
    I've tried ouija board. My friend's grandfather used to come. He helped us to save a child in our family. He gave the details of doctors and hospital. That was too in Hyderabad. I know nothing abt Hyderabad except it is the capital of AP.
    He guided us how to solve a particular serious problem. We were really happy.
    But nowadays I'm not using that.
    Uma

2. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

thanks chitra ma'am,
    im quite surprised that this thread wasnt automatically in my subscribed threads list after i had submitted a post...thanks for showing...now its in my list.

cheers
    maya

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri
    If you are referring to the discussion that was raging amongst the employees of software companies in Chennai, I must tell you that my thread was inspired by that discussion. I must also tell you that I sowed the seed for that discussion in Chennai!
    I cant say I am a believer either but the stories that I hear at times are incredible. I'll form a definite opinion about spirits only after meeting one of them!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear vivbass
    Your forward is scarier than my thread! If this is how I am going to look after I become a spirit, how will ILites recognise me? It is high time that they invent a camera that wont go out of focus while taking pictures of ghosts!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Uma
    Some human experiences , as Night Shyamalan shows in his movies, can be far beyond our comprehension. Your narrative is one such. But if you had that degree of success with it, why did you give it up? I do not think that every one can find it as useful as you did. I tried and gave up because I was getting some kinky answers always. With your positive experience, I think you should have persisted with it for the benefit of others.
    Sri

6. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi sir,
    it's interesting to hear that you were visited by scarlet pimpernel...
    since i had no idea who that was...i went and checked up on him on wikipedia....very intriguing i must say.:thumbsup

though i had tried using the ouija board once a few years ago, i have to admit...i was disappointed. no spirits came by even though my school (where i played it) is reputedly said to be haunted.
    either my school wasnt haunted enough or the ouija board i used was...ahem....well...made out of paper. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    you see, at that time these kind of items were definitely banned in school. so, my friend had this idea of using paper because it was also accepted by ghosts or so it seemed since there had been many cases of those who became possesed even though they did not have the genuine board. and it was known as the "spirit of the coin" because we used a coin in the place of the pointer.;-)

and being quite broke at that age, i didnt have the heart to use my $1 coin, and instead i used a 20 cents coin. and it was also because once the 'ghostly session' was over, you would have to throw the coin away....it would be a waste after all. and even though the spirit did not appear, my friend still made me throw away the coin...she was so afraid that the spirit may still reside in the coin even though it did not 'show' itself....:frown::frown:

my guess is that the spirit did not appear because i was using a cheap value for a coin.:tongue
    this is one of my experiences being in high school.
    till we haunt again in the thread...:boo:
    adios...

cheers
    maya

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Maya
    That is pure blasphemy and a calculated insult! How did you dare to invoke the spirit on some piece of paper and a 20 cent coin to communicate with it? I can understand the 20 cent part as the reason given by you sounds genuine but not the paper! In fact, I had the honour of Scarlet Pimpernal visiting me because I used a rosewood board with a little oil applied on it to make surfing easier for Mr.Pimpernal. And I used a one rupee coin with King George on it and that might have evoked the patriotism of Pimpernal.Though the visit was not of much use personally, we did have a pleasant chat!
    There is a small correction to your belief. There is no need to throw away the coin used on the Ouija Board. It can be preserved for further uses but the only problem is the same spirit will visit again and again because he/she is the 'Spirit of the Coin' If you feel bored with the same spirit, then it will be necessary to change the coin!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  8. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri
    Believe me,
    One of my relatives wanted ask her father-in-law who left for heavly abode ten yrs back, why her cooking is always salty?Big Laugh
    I dont want to disturb them by asking silly questions like this. Let them be in peace. Thats all.
    Uma

9. Cheeniya

Dear Uma
    Did he die from very high BP because his DIL was using too much salt in her cooking?
    I agree that all the frivolous chatting must be confined to ourselves and not extended to spirits. After all, they have become spirits only to escape all these frivolities!
    May them rest in peace!
    Sri

10. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi sir,
    glad you understood the 20 cents part. well...like i had mentioned sir, we were still in school...and i mean literally because this incident took place during our Phys Ed. session. morever, it was impromptu.
    so the only choice we had was to use paper...but in the correct manner of course. my friend has exerience with this, so she told me what was supposed to be written on the paper to make it legitimate for the "spirit of the coin". and i was told that in general, paper was used in the "spirit of the coin" session because not all could get their and on the ouija board.
    and either way, its best that the coin was thrown away whether we did try and have another session...
    though i still wish that a spirit had contacted us that day...:rolleyes:
    sigh

cheers
    maya