1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A noisier route to salvation!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    I entirely agree with you. Nivedi is another Kurinji flower of IL!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    I remember my young days when we used to visit our native village. It's quietness used to irritate me no end. At nights, it used to be so scary! An occasional shrilly noise from the wall used to keep me awake and my grandma attributed the noise to 'suvar kozhi' (whatever it means!)
    City dwellers become so used to noisy surroundings that they get very disturbed by silence. I know some people who keep their century old rickety fans still in use because of the noise they make without which they can not sleep!
    It is interesting to note that your hubby is a saxophone lover like me. Does he play or just listen like me? Does he listen to western players like John Coltrane and Stan Getz or to our desi Kadri Gopalnath?
    If your house is really noisier than the Mumbai roads in peak hours, then I must note down your address for my stay during my American visit!
    And thanks a lot for your appreciative words!
    Sri

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Vidya, Kamla and Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for your compliments. I take refuge in another brilliant thread of Cheeniya Sir - being consistently inconsistent.

4. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    I ‘m sure that a much delayed fb too gets the same amount of attention & prompt reply from you ! ( what a great build-up to hide my mistake ! ) Kindly bear with me , sir !
    A noisy market place looks lively whereas a silent place looks deadly to me ! I love noice in any form – be it a bajanai goshti ( AC & C – I didn’t really mean anything or anybody ! ) or the ringing of a temple bell or a loud speaker giving hit songs in high volume - I feel immensely happy to be surrounded by noise !
    Music just transfers me into a very nice mood - majically ! I may forget to take my clothings but I never forget to take my walkman with me while we start for a holiday trip ! ( now its enough I take my mobile which has mp3 player in it ! ) The only time I don’t listen to music is - of course – while sleeping ! I have a mini music system even in my bath room !No need to say I ‘m a great lover of music !
    My eldest brother & myself never miss ‘ binaca geethmala ‘ – we used to enjoy it singing along with kishore & latha ( of course ‘karnakadooramaa’! ! ) Thanks for bringing back the memories of those sweet days I spent with my dear brother !
    My mil wakes me up in the morning in a very pleasant way ! As soon as she boils milk she would do ‘ naivedhyam’ to suriya bagavaan ! The pooja bell will be heard non stoppingly in a highest volume which wakes up the whole people of our locality ( how can I escape ? ! ? ) . But I love it anyhow !
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Ur</st1:place></st1:City> sincere effort to bring the best in others is great ! I hope I ‘ve improved a little ! Thank you cheeniya sir !
    With regards ,
    Indhu .

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Saw your reply to my fb just now. Sorry I missed it. My my, you never fail to amaze me. I wonder how many talents you still have? Added to all else, saxaphone too?!
    As far as saxophone goes, yes, you will find my hubby a good company, he is more into jazz and soul. And oh yes, he did 'try' his hand (should that be lungs!) at playing the sax! He had some 'crash' courses, video lessons, on line tips etc etc and thankfully, it all 'crashed' without much ado! Another matter that three saxaphones and the paraphernalia adorns our house now! Planning to shift them to the basement very soon.......
    If noise could get you as far as my house, no problem, I can make the necessary din......:)

And Indhusri......that was one interesting fb! How can a writer's wife be anything else but good at writing?! If you think there is improvement, than I must agree with you and say it has developed by leaps and bounds!!

L, Kamla

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,
    By writing
    be it a bajanai goshti ( AC & C – I didn’t really mean anything or anybody ! )
    you have conveyed
    Engappa kudirukkuLLe illai !
    Was it necessary at all, to "involve" the two of us who are just "plain, simple, harmless onlookers" in any vambu, in the first place?
    Be prepared for a verbal attack from the one & only Naradi around !
    Love,
    La C.

7. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chith ,
    I do want to do justice to the title ' chindusri' - hi hi hi ! I - by all means - welcome AC 's verbal attack !
    Love ,
    (Ch)indhusri !

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearie Chindu
    How could use the word "attack" and AC in the same sentence
    eppadi manasu vandhadhu:cry:
    charee adhu pogatum
    After reading your most endearing reply post
    I am rendered absolutely speechless with admiration !:wow

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    I am writing this , just seconds after allowing Indhu to cry on my shoulder (ofcourse over the phone!)
    You write
    How can a writer's wife be anything else but good at writing?!
    Her eternal grievance is, in IL, she is looked upon a person "with attributes" only - please understand !!
    She says, she is never appreciated for her innate talent, writing etc & all the credit is "dedicated" to her Pathidev!
    Let us deal with Indhu, the person & not a Sati Savithri !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Excuse me for interrupting here
    But I have to disagree
    Not ALL are giving credit to Indhu just bec of wife status
    I have very clearly written that I find her reply so endearing
    Even in the past I have admired her for her very good choice of words
    In fact I am such a big fan of hers that I could not even do a "verbal attack"
    hmmmmm...its a pity that I have been overlookedshakehead