1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A New Era Of What We Hear!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rith, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Rith welcome back!
    Ha ha … I can imagine the horror when humming such songs unknowingly. Recently I mentioned it to my friends that these songs are not even worth humming and they looked at me in such disbelief. But music lyrics voice emotion it gives all matters to me. Naturally I refrain from getting such songs in my system. Usually I try to hear only songs of my liking in FM too and if it is something not worthy of my time I switch to youtube my playlist. But cannot avoid the songs coming from loudspeaker or such songs playing repeatedly on all tv channels. The impact it creates on young minds is worrisome. Ithuvum kadanthu pogum - meaning this too shall pass without leaving much impact on human mind. only some songs will last a life time. I love 96 songs especially this one

Karai vantha pirage Pidikuthu kadalai (only after reaching the shore I love the seas )
    Narai vantha pirage Puriyuthu ulagai ( Only after I got some silver hair I understand this world better)
    Netrin inbangal yaavum koodiye (Yesterday’s happiness together
    Indrai ippothai artham aakkuthe - Creates meaningful today(s)
    Indrin ippothin inbam yaavume - Today’s This moment’s happiness
    Naalai oar artham kaatume - Will give a new meaning tomorrow)

I used to sing Naan pogiren mele mele bhoologame kaalin keezhe vinmeengalin kootam en mele … all the time and if you read my bird’s eye vtiew (snippet) you will know how those words came true for me :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    kkrish, periamma, Rith and 2 others like this.
  3. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Rith

Lovely post.

It reminded me of my days growing up. Me and my sisters use to love to listen to film songs. My grandmother had the only transistor in the house. She would keep it in the kitchen and listen to devotional songs in the Morning.

We would plead with her to change the station to film songs. She would say you should not listen to "abatham". It was not good for the house.

I stopped listening to film songs a long time back. After reading your post I thought of her so much. Today when my granddaughter hums some film song or forces me to hear when she sings them, i think to myself "abatham". Who would write or sing something like that.

kkrish likes this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish
    "neela malaicharal" is my favourite too..i am a die hard fan of ARR.
    When kids grow we are forced to listen to their favourite playlist. Kids of this era love peppy, heavy beat songs. sometimes I feel, rhymes are better than these types of songs. You know for a couple of song, I couldn't understand the lyric but my 8 years old son sings the entire song. Example is "Simtaangkaran" and a song from Mersal which till now I couldn't understand a single line from the entire lyrics.
    Music has always had,have a great impact on me. there is no best medicine to heel agony, isolation, stress, depression and what not.
    Thank you for making my day :cheer:

kkrish likes this.
  5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra

Ji. Hope you are doing good. I like bhajan songs and melody from cinemas.
    I never hum or sing bhajan songs at home, the reason being I will be forced by my father to join the bhajan group during December January month. rather than interest, I feel lazy to wake up so early and take bath."Sharanam bava karuna mayi and couple of bhajan songs are in still my play list.
    The interest towards those songs are at different level. Just as actor Dhanush says I tend to like few songs only after listening to them multiple times.

Have a good day Ji

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,

Good Morning! I am back to IL after a very long time. I am now reading your work "Supraja". Wow. amazing narration Sir. few more episodes are left. Such a gripping narration.
    although I am not completely against cini songs, there are few songs which caught my attention on both positive and negative note. listening to Music has become an hobby for almost everyone. When I wait for lift or while travelling in lift in my office bay, I could hear a variety of songs played in the headphones of fellow colleagues which are audible enough to us. That too inside the lift it will be like juggles of music beats. I have to control my urge to smile. That's a different experience and silly me, I like those juggles of music

Thank you for making my day Sir. have a good day

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ma,

How are you? The same irritation is what I am undergoing when I again and again humming the first of thalaivar song. As Sir told, we need to ignore and chant some other thing. I feel its good to stuck over to the ancient traditions our grandparents have followed, like to not to listen to negative things etc., How true they are isn't it?

8. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    Hello!!! Good day to you. You have same taste as mine. Melody songs pacify our mind according to me. sometimes I prefer songs than books.

Mistt likes this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rith How are you?Lovely snippet.congrats for nomination to FP.In the movie Ragavendra Guruve saranam song and in Padaiyappa "Vidukathaiya INTHA VAAZKKAI" songs are my favourite songs

kkrish and Rith like this.
  10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Ma,

how are you. I took a long break from IL. Blessed with second child and time ran with wheels on its shoes. he is around 2 years old now.
    Music is a en elixir of my life amma. I cant live without music, book and coffee. melody and Carnatic occupies my playlist. Thanks to technology we have access to lot of system to stay updated with new releases and have our own customized playlist to stay away from unwanted one. But having kids around, such unwanted songs voluntarily penetrate into our brain through ears and impacting the day.

have a good day ma!

jskls and kkrish like this.