A New Comer to IndusLadies ? - Tips for you.

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Preethi, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Dear New Members of IndusLadies,

Off late, there has been staggering growth in the membership of the Indusladies. Lots of visitors have registered themselves in this site and as new comers, many of you have lots of questions and doubts regarding making friends in this website and knowing your way around. For the benefit of all the new entrants of Indusladies, please find below few tips and suggestions.
    • Go through our new member orientation. You will know everything there is to know about this site.
    • Read, understand, internalize and follow the forum etiquette. These are time-tested rules to make you popular in the forum.
    • The key to know more people in IndusLadies is to PARTICIPATE. Yes, wherever possible, participate in all the threads (instead of just being an observer) and make your presence felt by other members. Silence will only make you more aloof from all the rest over here.
    • Your personal profile is a great way to let other people know about you. After completing it, introduce yourself in the Who am I? section.
    • Go over the threads in your local subforum. That way, you will know who lives near you.
    • If you have doubts, check out this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Index to get a picture of how's and where's at Indusladies.com. If you still have a question, ask them here! One of us will surely answer it!
    • Post your message either as a new thread or as a reply to the existing thread, choosing the appropriate forum for it. Read How can I start a new thread? and How can I post a response? to get started in participating in this community.
    • Go through the Elite Member Statuses and incremental access priviliges you gain in each status.
    I welcome all the new comers into Indusladies community, on behalf of all senior fellow IL mates. May your journey in Indusladies be enjoyable and fun-filled. May all the new members interaction and participation add more glamour and charm to the beauty of IndusLadies.

Love,
    Preethi

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

You're Right

Dear Preethi,

What you said is absolutely right... I was also confused when I got in as a new member. Since I had already navigated through ammas.com, I found it easier to learn everything and pickup. So , my advice to you new ones, is to go through all the threads , select the ones you like and start interacting with the other ILs there.
    Slowly you'll get to know many of them.
    Now that you have lots of friends , you can pick and choose your friends.
    Love
    Latha :wave

1 person likes this.
  3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Chitra - Behind the Scenes of this thread !

Radha Thanks for your response and I totally comply with you Latha.

I need to first thank Chitra for being the person behind the scene who instigated me to start this thread. I acted upon her "anbu katalai" to help the junior members which resulted in this thread.

All the tips that I have given are those that I myself followed, while I was new to this site. With little practice and more interaction, the website can be at our fingertips. The fundamental success of this Community had been Communication.

Any new member to this society got to be doing that, to make this site more interactive and fun-filled.

Love,
    Preethi

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Preethi great post. Keep it up!:clap This really help our new fellows.

5. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

thanks

thanks for your help preethi ,i will do as you suggested.

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Awesome thread Preethi!

Thanks for this wonderful posting Preethi!. It's member like you who make a difference. It will greatly help new members to have a rich experience in our community. As a by product, this would surely help reduce the several support emails that we get!

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Kudos To You, Preethi!

Dear Preethi,

I saw many members like children on their first day at school. In fact I sent a pm to Induslady asking her to open an "Orientation Thread". But before she could open my PM (thanks to the time difference) you have done the job very well.

Your instructions read like a manual - precise and elegantly correct. Good job, Preethi. And thanks Chitra for the motivation provided.
    regards,
    Varalotti

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

dear Preeti,
    It was so nice of you to welcome the newcomers with very useful tips on how to get going in our site.Actually, I had PMed Indulady for help on this. Now you have made my work light. And we can always bank on Chithra to motivate us. It will be very useful to the newcomers. From here after, if I get any query, I can direct them to your tips. Thanks once again and keep it up. It is nice to see our members feeling at home by helping newcomers.

1 person likes this.
  9. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Preethi

Hi Preethi
    Thanks for such a wonderful thread taking on a guided tour for all the new comers to the site.

For the attention of all new comers please click on the Forum Ettiquette so that your participation in the Indusladies forum is beneficial to all the memebrs.

Happy browsing at Indusladies

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Good job!

Dear Preethi,

It was a great idea to do this peice for the benefit of all the newcomers. A great and useful post. With Chitra's backing, there is nothing to stop any of us:)

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.