1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Natural Hair Dye for IL!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jan 7, 2007.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

My mother uses the following henna combination religiously every month. And if you see her, you will know that is the secret of her lucious thick hair.I do it too, but due to lack of time - I cant really follow this. Doing it once a month, really improves texture and gives good health. About colouring - It does turn dark brown and not black. But my mother's recepie was slightly altered. Here it is.

Reqd:

Henna - She uses the one her friend prepares.I think it is fully herbal.I will find out from her, which of the brands is best.
    Tea Decoction
    Eggs
    Castor Oil
    Lemon
    Eucalyptus Oil
    Curds

Method:

In a Iron Kadai, add one egg with curds. Mix well and add henna powder. Dilute using tea decoction. Add castor oil.Mix till it is in a liquid consistency.This is important as by morning, it becomes kind of hard. Then before you apply - add lemon and eucalyptus oil.This prevents cold or problems due to sinus. Then you need to let it soak for atleast 2 hours. Wash with a mild shampoo.

My mother used to add a little of the black dye powder ( Indigo ) or Bigeon to this, too make her hair black.

And this helps!!

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Archana

Nice tip. Can we avoid egg?

andal

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I am not sure! I think , you can use egg if your issue is smell, as this does not smell at all....However, i think you can substitute with curds..if egg is not allowed at home!

4. Chandra25

Chandra25 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,Very useful tips.Thanks for sharing.

5. deepavvv

deepavvv New IL'ite

thank you so much.....