1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Natural Hair Dye for IL!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi nandu, if ur hair is already grey then it will luk reddish, if not its very gud henna conditioning...

I use this regularly, but wont mix amla powder all the time..

2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for this wonderful tip.
    I have lot of greys too near the temples & been using garnier hair color for sometime.A natural hairdye is much better than artificial ones loaded with chemicals.

3. jayashreepraba

jayashreepraba New IL'ite

Hello,
    I think the henna pack can turn into dark brown when we use it. I also apply henna pack once a month. It will make our hair dry if we often use it.applying with enough conditioners like mixing with it like tea dications ,egg white and lots of curd and a spoon of oil can make the hair healthy look.I wish to give a small tip that if you have less amount of grey hair you can go for henna. If you have many grey hair in sections you opt for a hair dye (less harmful than hair colouring).To go by the natures way there are many remedies but with a mild result. there is only one thing we can take it in our heart is that we are growing to another phase of life like a butterfly.just accept the nature and go on energetic:thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Nandu

Hahah

Yes .. I have had a badddddddddd experience .. Pity was .. I didnt look a pretty redhead .. It looked awful :-( and I couldnt wait to get back to my good old grey hair !!

so now its back to tried and tested faithful L'Oreal now !!

cheers

Bhooma

5. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

hi,
    thanks for the tip, does henna means is it regularly used henna which we apply for mehendi designs on hands or can we go for specific brands like anno's henna

ambika.

6. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanaja,

nice solution. . black colour hair remains the same. but grey will change into brown. i think so. i have a doubt. if we apply the paste, shall we wash our hair by using shampoo or plain water only/ please clarify.

7. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I have clearly mentioned in the very first line that I picked up this tip from a Tamil Magazine. So my knowledge is only upto that.

I am sorry, I do not know anything beyond that. I do not want to misguide anybody.

I see few of you have really benefited from this tip and few have your own opinion.

Try the tip, if it works for you it is well and good otherwise think that this is not for you.:)

8. jayashreepraba

hai,

we can have branded henna powders like SHENOY,AYUR and many other branded companies .It is availble in all super markets.After applying henna shampoo wash is a compulsary thing otherwise henna will make the hair dry.Try it:thumbsup
    with regards,
    Jayashreepraba

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  9. tkvkaruna

tkvkaruna New IL'ite

Can a person with sinusitis and cold use this? Because I read somewhere that this should not be used by people with sinusitis and cold.... Is it true???

10. jayashreepraba

Hai Karuna,

person with sinus and cold can apply henna for just 1 hour or can reduce the amount of curd in it. As we are applying it once a month, it will help you .
    jayashreepraba