1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Mother First

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear AC,

A very positive way of handling the story. Actually, you are the hero and the story is the heroine.(sorry, my dear fellow IL'ites who named Shalini's parents. Ofcourse, it is a real twist....just a personal opinion). As the story is yours, you are the heroine again.

Shalini is not bad. Just irresponsible. So do Shalini's parents. So, everything went on smooth. Vidya is very matured and she too handled it in a right way. Without complaining instantly, she waited for the right time to come, and just played intelligently.

As you said, AC, it might not happen in every household. Most of the people don't need corrections at all. They just revert when it comes to even starting the discussion. But, everybdy can this try as a first resort.

It was a pleasant reading with the positive approach in all the steps. Very precise and crisp. Can be given as a laminated gift to newly-weds(to the family,too as 'ilavasa inaippu').

Superb, AC.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Saras my friend It is not how different I think but how kind you are and how well you motivate me.. In reality many parents who have been through tough times know what needs to be done.. but few agree. Also in real life if your son gets caught with one such girl that is more likely the end of your relationship too.. some daughters inlaw take total control.

3. Anandchitra

Oviya how do you manage to write a neat review and compliment me and make me feel I am top of the world all at the same time.. you are too kind with your words.. I was prompted to think of Shalini's character by real life girls.. al very well educated and coming from well to do families.. and like Shalini's parents did to her.. totally spoilt. After marraige many factors take a downward slide.. In my hopes to remain optimistic I created the intervention in the form of Vidya. It is my feeling that this will not work real time.. however one can always hope:) Thank you for steppin in and making my day dear.

4. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Anand Chitra

Excellent story. Really enjoyed. Can't believe MIL's being so good to their DIL's

5. Anandchitra

Dear Raji Nice to hear from you.. My mother inlaw is no more but she was a really nice person. I still am grateful for their help when we were really down and suffering.. esp when my son got sick.. both father and mother inlaw helped out with no questions asked. I realised then that their ultimate goal is their chidlrens happiness. Most of the time its mistaken .. but thats what they want.. esp. headed towards old age.. Maybe you might not step in if i ramble so much:)

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,

A distinct story with a happy ending !

I felt so happy for Shalini that she actually understood her mil. Glad it did not take a cinematic turn !!

Shalini's parents have really played a positive & prominent role by accepting their daughter's negative aspect. They have neatly aided Vidya in reforming their daughter.

And ofcourse Vidya who had very cleverly changed her daughter-in-law without causing a rift in the family !

AC, you've skillfully penned down this story... a must read for all mil's and dil's ! :hiya

Regards
    Krithika

7. Anandchitra

Krithika Dear
    Trust me when I say you have made me walk on clouds... and considering my weight thats no easy task?!!
    You know it brings more happiness when the essense is understood.. Thats exactly what I wanted to convey.. I do hope it sometimes works in real life too:)

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    I love the way you had portrayed Vidya...of course, Shalini's parents were a surprise too....
    Vidya, observing carefully the on-going came to his son's rescue, only when asked...that's why it is appreciated...
    Atlast Shallini understood the real situation...

True, not in every holds this is a possibility..it is like a triangle, mil,husband and parents..

sriniketan

9. Anandchitra

Bhargavi thanks.. you have been able to appreciate the nuances.. might not happen in real life.. many times people just do not want to learn from experiences..

10. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam...

A very good stroy.... Their are some girls like Shalini..Over spending always love to have a luxurious life..Never minding behaviour..... But very rare to see a MIL like Vidya hatss of to her..

Thanx for a nice post Mam...Bow