1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Morning Ride

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 27, 2023.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot sir, for the feedback. Yes, travelling by auto has this effect me. Very rarely taxi rides (unless the window is open and the wind is blowing in my face!) In fact the ride this morning brought back some memories from childhood which I shall soon share in another post.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Dear Uma,

yes, marriages do indeed complicate life a lot. Come to think of it, marriages should be bringing two families together and as more members get married, the size of the family should at least in spirit grow exponentially. But that rarely ever happens. Siblings who are so close to each other when they are growing up tend to grow apart once they are married and have their 'own' families, thanks to the distance between the partner who has made his/her entrance and the sibling. It is the way of life, but still, one cannot deny that it is sad.

Parents and children grow apart. If mother and son grow apart, the dil is blamed for coming between them. Daughters and parents being separated is taken for granted and no one raises an eyebrow. Is it surprising then, when today's girls who are educated and financially independent react violently by going to the other extreme? Unless there is mutual und equal respect and acceptance of each other's family, many lives in many families will continue to be affected.

A lot of young men and women prefer to stay single today - at least legally and socially speaking - and it least surprises me.

Do hope your relative finds someone who will be able to accept him with his mother and that his life will turn more pleasant. Especially with families with only one sone/daughter, things are that much more complicated.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Dear Uma,

You don't have to address me as Ma'am. Please feel free to call me by name. I suspect we are more or less in the same age group.

Love,
    Satchi

umaakumar and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

The world is weird and the people in it are weirder. What a sad situation for the auto driver who is working diligently to have a decent life and yet unable to meet his aspirations.

Everything that happens in the society sounds like human trafficking that doesn’t draw attention of law-enforcement.

Our Indian society is most tolerant and is willing to adjust to any situation. Those who report to the law-enforcement are not the ones who is seeking justice but either looking for publicity or blame the victim.

It is time to relook at the system and rebuild the attitude of the people. The growth and development without proper development of the character of the humanity is meaningless.

Education should be accessible to those who seek without cost and the schools should teach high moral values. The people should build the courage to stand up against corrupt society and bankrupt morality.

Frankly a handful of European communities are rebuilding. But most Western world are bankrupt in moral values and some Asian communities that had high morals are learning the wrong lessons from the Western world.

Recently I went to the city center mall in Chennai and I was in a state of shock for a long time. I couldn’t recognize Chennai anymore. Literally no one I saw in the entire mall had any traditional attire especially women. Men had weird haircuts and shirts which are unprofessional. Women were wearing dresses that I didn’t even see in the US.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I heard in Chennai city & suburbs - auto around five thousand owned by a single affluent family and the drivers pay a fixed amount to owner monthly to do his buz. The same family owns travel agency appointing drivers to run their hundreds of cars in various models and size. With advent of UBER & Uber-like aggregator arrangements are in place, their family buziness in travel seemed to have dwindled yet in Auto & share-auto business that family is the King.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.