1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A message from a Reality show

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 8, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!
    You all must be thinking, what does she write sometimes? Reality shows are far from reality. There is “real” only in the name but it’s a pure unreal and blame game. I also agree with you my friends. But believe me I can’t help myself but to observe what I want to from these shows. I’ve read it many a times that you see what you want to. And yes it’s true, we tend to overlook things which we feel are trivial in nature or don’t interest us.
    Just two days back, I was busy doing something on my laptop; was sitting beside my hubby. He was watching news and during break, he was just surfing through various channels. There I came across this show where a few of Mumbai Girls have been sent to a remote village in Punjab. There they are supposed to win the hearts of all villagers and the one, who achieves this, will be a winner. They are given odd tasks to do and the stupid stuff goes on. And friends; with so many girls together, what all can you expect? Yes, bickering, bitching, plotting and planning eliminations and yes, hurling abuses (beeps). (My due regards to this gender! I am also a female.)
    When I was watching it, these girls were discussing, whom to nominate and all. There is a girl, who seems to be new to this glamour world and is probably not accustomed to such things; trusted her so-called friends. She was only eliminated from the show as the other girls said that friendship is ok but ultimately it’s a game and they are there to win and not to do some charity.
    While leaving the village, this girl said, “I know who eliminated me. I shouldn’t have trusted these girls. They are all fake. I shouldn’t have behaved this way. I did so much of drama, just to be with them and they nominated me.”
    What that girl told, is quite right, I feel my friends! Why did she trust such people? Was she not aware of the fact that it’s a game and everyone is there to win? She should have used her brains a bit and behaved in a matured way. Why did she change her real self? When others are diplomatic, even she could have done that. This world is full of hypocrites. You should be matured enough to tackle such people, isn’t it? What I derived from this is:
    Be yourself;
    Never trust anybody blindly;
    Have your blinkers on all the time;
    Never to get into a circle of bad things, they bounce back for sure;
    Try to fathom nature of different people and act accordingly.
    So friends; I feel that even if these shows are all drama and all, they also teach us something. Of course, only if we wish to learn from them!
    Regs J:iagree

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anukarsha
    You write really good but very soory to tell as you write your post in so many colours so I use to just open and close it becoz I use to find it difficulty in reading post with so many colours into it. This was a bit better so just went through it. Sorry if I have hurt you here, it might be my eyes problem which gets stressed reading posts with so many colours.

You are right what you have written It is that desi girls. This is a game I feel you need not trust anyone when playing but you do your best.
    These have to get transformed themself into these desi girls but i can't understand from which angle are they looking desi, the way they behave, the clothes that they ware. It is a game but you see them fighting and what not.....
    It is like they just want to win by hook or by crook.

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thanks aruna ma'm for your sincere reply.i am sorry to have used many colours in my posts. i'll take utmost care henceforth.i don't wanna lose you as a reader and as a person with forth right feedback. you have not hurt me ma'm.regs-anu:)

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi anu,

Like desi girl many shows that were shown earlier are all scripted I guess..
    So I literally stopped watching this nuisance....Actually Sambhavana is one of my favourite contestant from Big Boss II the reason is she is the only one who does not bothers about rain or sun she aims tactfully the purpose of the game...How is it possible for so many girls to be under a roof:hide: ???I guess they even hire some coy type personalities to entertain us..Its all in the game....
    yes your blood red points are to be agreed...
    Why to trust someone that too in a game is useless...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh please don't feel sorry about it Anu, it is your style of writing but it is my eyes:) which has problem reading it.

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi prettina! thanks dear for your feedback.I love reading your stuff as a reply to my posts.please continue your patronage.cheers-anu:)

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks aruna ma'm for your soothing reply.i'll try my best to minimize the use of colours.anyway.regs-anu:)

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anukarsha,

I think this is the first time I am reading one of your posts and I enjoyed your views on the reality shows. BTW, I got to see you in the IL meet thread and you look as lovely as you write.:)

I am not a fan of reality shows. I don't know if Indian Idol, Saregamapa and Boogie Woogie come under reality shows? I think they are more like talent contests, perhaps. But I love those shows.

Like Prettina says, these shows are definitely scripted, atleast the 80% of them. Besides, I hate to watch anything where people crib about each other and are bitchy to each other. I avoid not only shows, I avoid everything and everyone carrying on with such underhanded behavior. So I guess I may have lost out on some lessons.

If that girl cannot be just herself and have to play such contrived games to win a show, then why take part in a show. Life is tricky after all and she is at it everyday, is she not??!!:bonk

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  9. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Anukarsha,
    I have read most of your posts and liked all of posts that I read. I was wondering if I can bring it to your notice about the colors that you use for your posts, but was hesitant. It is not pleasant on our eyes making it hard to read. Thanks for your understanding. Don't get me wrong.

I don't watch reality shows, for that matter any other shows at all, but I would love to watch real shows if time permits(have LO at home:)).

keep up your good work.

Anabika

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear kamla ma'm for your compliment and your loving feedback.I also don't watch such shows. I find them complete wastage of time. But yes, once in a while i do try to have a peep in such things. And there i learnt some lessons.It really feels great to look for all positives in your life, no?life is really tricky and we all have to face our day to day challanges and come out as a winner! please do continue your patronage ma'm.regs-anu:)