1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A memorable trip to Koduvayur

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 5, 2010.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Beautiful Onne.. Vji Mam, U must have had a wonderful trip.. We had been to guruvayoor for my daughters anna prasam and I cannot forget the Seeveli darshan of the lord there!..

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meera

Enjoyed the trip very much. Thanks for your wishes. Gopika and Pratima are fine and they areenjoying with their parents. Had good Darshan at Guruvayur

loveviji

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji

Glad to know that my post revived your childhood memories. Its really enjoyable when we take home made food especially Puliyodharai and thayir chadam with pickle. During childhood days I used to enjoy going by train since we can see so many places and also enjoy the home made food.

love
    viji

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Monifa

Glad to hear that you like my posts and I feel like writing more because of the encouragement I get from IL friends. Ya you are right I got triple happiness and visiting the temple was a real surprise as it was not planned. Its all God's blessings

love
    viji

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

that must have been great fun, so many of u in the same train, and then going to temples, and attending the marriage too, a good time had by all of u.

You are a blessed lady, god bless u in abudance to have more such lovely trips.

Regards

kamal

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena

Glad to know that you enjoyed the post and that you had also gone for your engagemetn with a group of people and that too 87 people must have enjoyed a lot. Knowing each one's marriage experience must have been fun to hear.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sai

Glad to see you here and to know that my post revived your memories of your sister's engagement

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sara

Glad to see you here and good to know that you had also visited Guruvayur. Yes I enjoyed the trip and good to know that you liked the post

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji

Thanks for your wonderful fb and for the good wishes

Regards
    viji

10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Oh My Dear Viji

Sorry I missed this earlier and just saw today only.

What a write-up? What a trip? What a Wedding? What a satisfaction? All :thumbsupgreat experiences........I also enjoyed along with you reading those lines.

Viji, my cousin lives in Koduvayur. This wedding took place in which Mandapam? My cousin's husband took VRS from SAIL, Calcutta and is a Ganabadigal there. He also conducts weddings and takes Veda classes. His wife just retired from BSNL there. They stay in front of big temple. We also attended a wedding in our previous trip to Koduvayur.

I am very happy for you that you all enjoyed this trip of big group in one compartment to Kerala and also could visit Guruvayur and Manapully Kavu Bhagawathy there.

Enjoyed the narration of the wedding proceedings from Vradham to Reception. A doubt in one of the sentences below marked:rotfl:hide:

Warm Regards
    Shanti

[First time I was going to Koduvayur. We reached there by 2.30 p.m. and the Bridegroom's son :hide::spintold us , you all be ready we will go to Guruvayoor by the same van. we all took bath and had lunch].