1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A memorable trip to Koduvayur

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji Aunty?:hiya

How r u? Really missed u all these days. U can go back and see the A-Z thread I used to wish u even though u were out of sight enjoying the marriage.

Wow that was a vivid picturisation of all happenings from 31st Jan till u came back. I am so happy that u visited Guruvayur. I love the place. After my daughter's chorunnu I have never had the chance to go there and a trip is pending for long. Hope it materialises shortly.

U have given us every detail of ur visit from the time of ur departure till ur return and thus taken all members of IL family on a virtual marriage tour.

After an elaborate lunch for 2-3 days in a marriage, definitely molgoottal, pachadi and rasam is a welcome menu.

U made me nostalgic of our trip to Coimbatore in Aug 2008 to celebrate my brother-in-law's sons wedding. Being the groom's side we had a royal treatment and 3 full days had lovely khana. Am also in the habit of writing in detail about anything and so when I narrated all the events by email to my eldest nanandh who was then in US on a 6 month trip, she published it in her mail with the caption Karthik's wedding - a full report by Mallika. All my relatives who missed the wedding said they felt they had virtually attended the wedding.

Likewise, u have taken us not only to attend the wedding of Latha & Kannan but to Guruvayur as well. And by travelling in the train I could also visualise the lovely greenery of God's own country.

U did not answer my question in A-Z. Do u also belong to the kerala iyer group (by the menu i got the doubt).

Wishing Latha & Kannan a happy married life.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear viji mam

we missed your post for so long, so ur detailed post was feast for us. I remembred u wrote in one post, that u will be missing gopika, and for 1 week u are going to marriage function.

Your elaborate details about the food, has now made me craving for avial (my favourite). Even i enjoy singing in train, but ofcourse more of some movie songs:hide: rather than bhajans.

Good wishes for Divya and Kannan (hope i am not goofing up in names!!!!).

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

good to know you are back...was busy today but just dropped in to tell you i really missed you here..so glad to know that you had a nice trip.wow, you seem to have really enjoyed yourself and i feel as if i just attended the wedding with the group of 35..what fun?

you know i visit guruvaayoor every year...my favourite god and temple:)

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami..........felt as if I was also part of the marriage party enjoying the journey, visiting the temples, attending the different functions and the main marriage feasting on all the home made goodies and the kalyana saapdau............thanks to you !!

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Advitha

Seeing you here after along time. Glad to know that you found the post interesting and it brought back memories of your good old school days when you used to go with your parents. Taking food from home has become a must now a days as outside food is not so good as before.

This time 90% of us were 60 plus but still we enjoyed the trip. Glad toknow that you parents wedding took place in Guruvayur. Lucky they are to get married in Guruvayur.
    love
    viji

6. iyerviji

Dear Bhargavi

Glad to see you here and thanks for the wishes for the newly weds. Glad you enjoyed reading the post

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Usha

Glad to see you here and good to know you enjoyed reading the narration and it brought back memories of your trip. Guruvayur and Mada palli kavu visit was a surprise to us since it was not planned in our trip.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

Dear Jaya

Thank you very much for your compliments. Your encouragement has brought me pleasure and the willingness to write more. We were mostly 60 plus. The men played cards and enjoyed themselves, the ladies as usual had a nice chat and evening sang bhajans.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

Dear Padmini

Thanks for your wishes for Kutty Krishna in our house, hope your wishes come true, I will be the happiest person in the world. Glad to know that you enjoyed the post. Hope we also get a chance to meet and havea nice time.

love
    viji

10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

You are a tour guide really. The biggest difference is the tour guides are paid for & they do their job ritually.

But you bring the emotions & make us feel that we were there with you.

For more than 20 years I have never attended a wedding & you now fulfilled my wishes. Great write up.

Now in lighter vein:

While going you were a group of 35 - 25 Men & 10 Women.

You know to control a group of 10 women, definitely 25 men are required or may be not enough.:)

While coming back you were only 18, but you didn't mention the men, women ratio. That's understandable - 10 women would have been there & 17 meen of the 25 would have run away - Thunda Kaanoam, Thuniya Kanoam eendru. Because they would have realised that another journey with you all is a risk to their lives.:biglaugh

Patta Kaalilaeyae Padum was true to the person who got injuredd. Hope he is Ok now.

Mother's sentiment was disturbing. But the groom should be Ok with a motherly bride in his new found wife - Two In One, like the All in One Compartment you travelled.

Nice to read your emotions Viji Ma.:thumbsup