1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A marriage prospect Vs Parents - Whom should I chose ?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by salvation, Jun 1, 2011.

1. salvation

salvation New IL'ite

I liked a girl whom I met through matrimony portal and wanted to get married to her. Have been in touch with her for 3-4 months now and the girl has already developed feelings for me. The feeling is not likewise for me, I still consider her a prospect whom I would like to marry.....Yes, This is typical Indian arranged marriage setup.

I took her profile to my parents but my parents bluntly refused citing caste and horoscope problems. She belongs to a different caste and our horoscopes do not match. I tried convincing my parents but they are stubborn on their take and want me to get married to a girl within the same caste whoever it is.

Now, What should I be doing....Should I let the girl go and stick onto my parent's wishes or should I still try to convince my parents.
    I love my parents and don't want to hurt them but I also don't want to hurt the girl because to an extent I have dragged into this and responsible for her feelings.

Please help...How can I deal this situation ? I dont think I will be able to keep both my parents and the girl happy with all the things happening at my home

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Why do you keep posting a thousand different threads about the same problem? In another post, you say you are already engaged to a girl your parents chose. You are clearly a momma's boy, that's all I can surmise about you after reading post after post after post of yours about how your parents are everything to you and how you can't make your own decisions without them. So seriously dude, stop it with all these posts. You already know what to do. Dump this girl you met online and marry the girl your parents chose. It's as simple as that. I think you are not dumping her because already you have had two broken engagments with girls your parents chose, and in your mind you are probably worried this third girl your parents have picked will also break off the engagment, so you are keeping this online girl as a stand by 'just in case'. That's not fair. Be a man, and commit to one girl. If your parents have chosen the wrong girl for you (again), then that's a consequence you have to face. But don't play with two girls emotions at the same time.

3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

4. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

hello o.p,

you better go with your parents choice since, you are not capable of convincing them and taking your own decisions firmly.

5. Sharthi

Sharthi Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I have never pen down my thoughts to any of the issues here till now in this forum. Your confusions, dilemma, unable to take decisions on your own made me to write today. Getting married is not 'ONLY' for your parents. Either please disclose your health status to the girl and get married to her or better convince your parents to marry the girl actually who is liking you for whom you are. Please dont keep playing with girls emotions if you are not capable enough to convince your parents even at this age. Sorry if my words have hurted you.

Regards,
    Sharthi