1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Luxury Or Invention You Wish Your Parents Had?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Rihana, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

I wish my dad & mom had enough money back then!! I wish they lived that youthful life of theirs merrier and with every desire fulfilled.

Poor souls, sacrificed all their desires & comforts, spent all the energies and that meagre income in raising/educating their three daughters. When whole world around them didn’t find sense in “educating daughters” and kept mocking them their lame rewardless choice.

All the luxury/invention/ experience I have today is because of their sweat, blood and selfless Love.

Sorry @Rihana , I just cannot talk about my parents without getting heavy inside. Sorry if I had spoiled the mood of the thread.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A nice comfortable home with all kind of luxuries like AC, Geezer, TV & home theater, 24/7 running water, Telephone, car & driver, and financial freedom to name a few.
    They lacked them all back then & worked hard by various sacrifices throughout their lives to give us a meaningful future. Amidst this, poor souls, they lost their youth & meaningful years of lives back in the 90s & 2000s.

Although i have brought those luxuries through hard work by now & made my mom enjoy everything, I can't being my dad back or a companion for mom to meaningfully enjoy all this.

I wish i had all these back in 2000s when my dad was alive. But i was still in college & only dreaming of a better life then

Rihana likes this.