1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 9

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 8, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathi. Looking forward to seeing you on 14th evening as early as possible.

Some might think that I am giving needless hype for the episode. As soon as I post the episode I will also give an explanatory note for that. If I do it now it will be letting the cat out of the bag.

Gibran's book is something you should possess. If you visit Odyssey or Landmark or Higginbothams, ask for the Kahlil Gibran Omnibus - which has 12 books in volume. That would be a pride of possession for you.

all the best.
    sridhar

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CDR28B2%7E1.SUR%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Comic Sans MS"; panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:script; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Dear Sridhar sir,
    I loved reading this episode. Wonderful narration!:thumbsup

"She also had half mind to confess everything to Kumar. If only she can bury her face in Kumar’s chest and cry to her heart’s content, everything will be all right. Was it as simple as that? She was not sure.

I felt bad for Dr.Kamla.

She let her mobile ring for a few times savouring the simple beauty of the divine composition.

I too do this often. Let it be devotional or any good melody, I keep the mobile ringing for a while. I am a music lover. Sometimes, I call my cell phone from my landline, to hear the melody.

During his absence I will be playing the role of Arun for you, Doctor. Your creditors can only walk over my dead body to harm you.

So, nice of Naren. So Naren and Arun, both are the saviours for the Drs.K&K. Naren is the hero of this episode.

“I’ll even charter a helicopter if necessary. Please think this over and let me know whether Arun can go now. Only after hearing from you I am going to talk to Arun.”

Do we have such nice people in the real world?

[FONT=&quot]“For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?[/FONT]<u1:p></u1:p>[FONT=&quot]

<u1:p></u1:p>And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the over-prudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city?<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>And what is fear of need but need itself?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sridhar sir, I have never read the book ”The Prophet”. Thanks for the quotes. I liked them. I will try in my city library, if they have one. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    “All of us have been and still are in love. With our parents, our children, brothers, sisters friends, lovers, wives… In fact we live only so long as we can love. The moment we lose our capacity to love, we lose our capacity to live as well. A life without love is not living but a mere existence.

That’s true sir!

“Well, the way you worded the question, the opinion you have about mentally sick people makes me suspect that you might require psychiatric treatment. I am ready to accept you as my patient. Of course, for a fee.”
    That’s a tit for tat from a mother (mother-like) on behalf of his son.

I liked the press conference session. I wish this publicity would help Vidya and Arun to see each other. Is Vidya going to see Arun on the newspaper and contact him.

I cannot wait to read the next episode.

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

I visualised being in Kamla's shoes. The first part was very realistic.

Felt very emotional to read the conversation between Kamla and Naren. Naren is emerging lovelier as the story develops.

You have sculptured Kumar's character with stunning brilliancy. Naren convinced Kumar very appropriately with Gita quote.

The press meet incident turned out to be a proof for Naren's intelligence, Kamla's love, Kumar's maturity and ofcourse Arun's magnonimity in having a concern for Karthik. It was very interesting and something unexpected.

What is the suspense, SriPa, which you built in the single sentenced last part?

With the expectations for this suspense and your hint about the upcoming episode ALS - 10 , I can't wait to read it. Is there any possibilities to prepone it, sometime in Saturday or even today :) ?

Love,
    Your dear DD.

4. varalotti

Dear Sindhu,

Thanks for that wonderful fb which lifted my moods and made my day.
    Kamla's problem is so complex because at that point she did not want to disclose that to Kumar and was also not sure of facing the problem all by herself. But God never lets good people down as you will see when the story unfolds.

Like you, Indhu also does it. But I never let my phone ring even once before I lift it. Indhu has pointed that out as my weakness in her fb.

Both Arun and Naren are good people. They love people have a deep sense of gratitude and are intelligent too. Given this kind of a crisis a young businessman like Naren will be apt to play the role of a saviour. But we will know by tomorrow who is the real saviour.

Let me assure you that we do have such nice people in this world. They are of course very rare to see and are a kind of endangered specie. If we do not recognise them and respect them they may even become an extinct specie.

Yes, Sindhu, you should get The Prophet and read it. I think if you google the word along with the authors name, you will be able to get most of the book on line.

There are two sections of the book already in our site. One is "Love One Another But Make Not a Bond of Love" and the other is "Your Children are not your children." Both are very profound.

The press meet section is the one I loved to write. I wrote it and rewrote it more than 20 times. I am now thrilled to see that it has appealed to you.
    Will Vidya see that news item?
    A million dollar question, Sindhu. Wait till Sunday evening Indian time to find out the answer.
    thanks for the fb.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    Yes DD, I too did the same when I wrote that scene. I have gone through a similar trial and could easily relate to Kamlas state of mind.

Kamla and Naren - both are good people. Naren still remembers that but for Kamla Arun could not have written that book, which made Naren come back from the US. So he is now trying to repay his gratitude.

Kumar to me is the modern version of the saints who lived in those days. I don't regard most of the saffron-clad people as saints. They follow the dress code followed by the saints of the olden days. Whereas real saints will be like Kumar totally unshaken by what's happening around them. Even for those saints we need someone like Naren to induce some kind of social consciousness and the need to fight against evil.

My dear DD, I have already advanced the posting of 10th episode by more than 14 hours. That's going to be a very long episode almost twice the normal size.
    God willing I will be posting it around 4 25 pm tomorrow. And DD, part of the thrill is in the waiting.
    Love,
    Your SriPa

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Thank ou so much for suggesting the whole set of books of Gibran. I shall inform you after I have purchased them.As of now waiting for ALS 10.
    Love,
    Malathi

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Ok, SriPa, I'll wait...With LO at home it will be a bit easier to push the time.

8. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading ALS-10. It is actually two episodes rolled into one in terms of size.

While the normal episode is about 3000 to 3500 words long, this episode has
    5400 words long.

Most of you might have read the announcement regarding this episode. So I am posting an epilogue to give justification to the hype I created for this.

Have you lit the lamp? Have His name on your lips and on your heart as you read this episode.

Love,
    sridhar

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    You are introducing variety in each and every episode.:thumbsup:clap:clap.The previous episodes were emotional and this episode was thrilling.I am longing and waiting for the suspense.:cheers.
    My appreciations:thumbsup to you for giving an exact detailed idea about mental health through this episode.Though kartik spoiled the situation for some other reason,but the main focus is trying to damage arun speaking about his mental health.But :hatsoff to Dr.kamla as she broke the myths about meeting a psychatrist.Poor Kartik who is jealous and arun pitying for him inspite of all his disturbances is really a gem.But Dr.Kamla poked his nose and indirectly insisted that a man who is narrow minded needs doctor's advice and not arun who is kind hearted & who could give an excellent book .More than everything,i think this fact strongly impressed my mind and hence i am expressing my view on it...

Come back to you in next episode...
    BC

10. varalotti

Dear Bhargavi,

Once again sorry for the delayed response. ALS as a story wrote itself most of the time. I will have something in the story outline, but plan something for the week, and ultimately as I start typing something else would crop up, almost unexpectedly. I think the love and affection showered on me by you and all other ILites did the trick.

There are a lot of illusions about mental health. We boast of our physical ailments. I have seen chronic diabetics and even cancer patients talking about their illness with unmistakable pride in their voice. But a psychiatric consultation is a closely guarded secret.

One of my friends is a leading psychiatrist in Madurai. We were together in a CII Dinner. He told me that amongst the rich people assembled there, a few were his patients. But they had strictly told him not to recognise them in public places. On the other hand a bearer working in that hotel was his patient. And knowing that I am a writer he called the bearer and introduced him to me. The bearer himself told that he was his patient and that he was completely cured now. I talked with them for a few minutes and got to know a lot about psychiatrists and their patients. Which I used in this story.

And the definition of mental health is my own. There are so many definitions possible. I coined one for this episode which is not only true but fits exactly into this episode.

Thanks for liking it.

So see you in the next episode.
    love,
    sridhar