1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 8

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 1, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

In a few seconds from now I shall be uploading the 9th episode of the story. Of late I am concerned that ALS has too many good characters and too few bad characters. That's an ideal situation, no doubt. Some of you might think it is Utopian in nature.
    I tried to bring in a bad character; but then as there is an overwhelming goodness the evil element is immediately driven out. What can I do?
    I have tried and it didn't work out.

Want to know what I am talking about? It's time to read ALS 9. And time to give a fb too.

Love,

2. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Sridhar

First accept my apologies for comng in so late for this episode. I dont want to pour in my lame excuses. Reading this episode was a eye opener..truly..This episode expresses compassion, cheerful acquiescence, selfless love, timely help and benevolence. I could go on and on. Sridhar your episode was filled with the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love each emotion tied to a character. What a grippy naration..After a long days work, this episode was truly a dose of multivitamin.

These lines came to my mind when i finished the episode..Kamla stood in my mind and these lines poured out of my memories..
    O world! O life! O time!
    On whose last steps I climb,
    Trembling at that where I had stood before;
    When will return the glory of your prime?
    No more--Oh, never more!.

Out of the day and night
    A joy has taken flight;
    Fresh spring, and summer, and winter hoar,
    Move my faint heart with grief, but with delight
    No more--Oh, never more!

My dear Kumar as always touched by heart specially when he expressed to Dr.Shekar that he has to keep upto his promise. That shows his inner self..What an exemplary behaviour..Hats off to him..You have brought out his character so well in your narration Sridhar..Should i say 'Hats off to you'..

An accordant and harmonious personality like Kamla sobbing really touched my heart. My heart naturaly went out to pray for her wellness. I am sure Arun's love will bring back her happiness.

Sridhar have you forgotten about me....Your heroine Vidya..Not sure what you have in store for Kamla and our dear Kumar..
    Sridhar, overall an emotion-packed episode filled with a beautiful storyline. The last 2 lines you completed the episode was just mavellous..

"Every opportunity has in it the seeds of a crisis. And every crisis has in it the seeds of an opportunity.

Arun could not have foreseen that the second statement would be so beautifully vindicated in his life"

Wow, is all i could say when i read these authentic/beautious lines.. Starting on the next episode now...

Love
    Vidya

3. varalotti

Dear, dear, Vidya,
    Waiting this long for your feedback was surely worth the while.The poem almost made me cry.
    O world! O life! O time!
    On whose last steps I climb,
    Trembling at that where I had stood before;
    When will return the glory of your prime?
    No more--Oh, never more!.

Out of the day and night
    A joy has taken flight;
    Fresh spring, and summer, and winter hoar,
    Move my faint heart with grief, but with delight
    No more--Oh, never more!

There lies a difference between a plodding writer like me and a born poet like you. We writers need to write 4000-word odysseys to see some wetness in the eyes of the reader. You poets can even make writers cry with a few lines of verse. Hats off to you, poetess!

The fragrant flower when crushed by unkind hands would only show more of its fragrance. The same thing is happening with Kamla and Kumar. You think Arun or Naren or the wealth they have is their security? Not at all. Not only for Kamla and Kumar but for each one of us the only reliable security we have is the love in our hearts. Kumars have it in a very high degree. So they will be safe.

How can I forget my dear heroine, Vidya? She is going to enter the story for the first time in the real time mode (not in the flash back mode as it was happening till now). I am sure you'd love the way you enter the story.

You can have excuses for the 8th or the 9th episode. But dont have anything for ALS 10. Read it as early as possible. Don't tell me that I have not warned you.

Looking forward to see you in ALS 9 soon.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

wow u have reversed the whole thing.And now kamla needs Arun's help Only u could have pulled this off .Superb.REgards.kamal

5. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    I have seen in life, even the most powerful and the strongest need help.
    We have a reputed heart surgeon in our town. He is so busy that you need to wait for 2 months to get his appointment.
    He used to be very soft and I have never seen him worked up. He advised for half an hour to my father when we met him a few years ago.
    And one day he had a heart attack.
    No one is above board, Kamal.
    love,

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    First and foremost of all,please bear with me as i have planned to read eposode 8,9 yesterday and proceed with ALS 10.But for the whole yesterday,the net connection was out of service bonkand i have been trying repeatedly.Atlast ,it was OK only now.:)
    This episode again made our hearts heavy.Usually when a man is dead,the best of what he did will be revealed by everybody.Likewise arun's father helping a boy with his education was known now.When arun was advised to start a trust to motivate writers,his immediate reply is awesome.He fulfilled his father's wishes.
    I was totally moved when arun's father asked to pray for his son as he is some trouble in his last days.We could see the pinnacle of emotions,affection in this episode.
    Why Dr.kamla is in trouble?Actually in the last episode itself,she was waiting for Dr.kumar when she indirectly made a mention.Waiting for the secret.....

Please bear with me again...

Thanks and regards
    BC

7. varalotti

Dear Bhargavi,

Why should you repeatedly ask me, "bear with me". In fact I should be asking that to you for the delay - close to a 40 days, almost one mandalam, in replying to your fb.

Between a parent and a child, the affection would never get lost. They might be fighting with each other on the surface. But heart of hearts the love will be deep and intense. This is a home truth Bhargavi which I used to spin this episode.

Kumar also has played a role in gently diverting Arun's mind to the positive side of his father. Arun being a basically kind soul could not hold on to anger and hatred for long.

I don't think I need to write about Kamla's trouble now, as you would have read the whole story by this time.
    When something serious is going to happen in a later episode one should go on throwing hints about it in the earlier episodes. That way it sustains the interest of people in the story. That was what I did.

Thanks for the kind fb, Bhargavi. Will see you in other episodes soon.
    love,

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

This episode has got the famous 'Twist'.

Thank God, Arun's father died peacefully and with the thought that his son is doing well!

Dr. Rao's death, money crunch, Kamala in trouble...

Want to see how Arun bail's her out!

9. varalotti

I don't want to reply in the same order you wrote the fb. I should first thank you for honouring your commitment to read ALS once all the episodes are posted. And a happy Diwali to you.

As I am about to take steps for publishing the story, I'll use your fb as an excuse to relive those wonderful moments I had while creating this novel.

As I was writing this episode I had planned about Kamla's trouble. But I was not sure what kind of trouble I should design so that I can introduce the next major twist in the story. And that twist came in only in the last line of Episode 10.

Thereafter it was a simple home run.
    thanks for being there.
    love,
    sridhar