1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 8

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 1, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear, Indhu,

thanks a ton.

many people don't do that, including your DH. Remember you set my mobile to vibrating mode when we were in Samajam last Sunday.

You are talking about my quote that each one of us is mercilessly alone. Yeah, whether we like it or not, that's true. Suppose I have a severe headache. You may feel for me or even cry for me. But you can never ever feel my pain.
    that's why the great poet wrote,
    எனக்காக நீ அழுதால் இயற்கையில் நடக்கும் நீ
    எனக்காக உணவு உண்ண எப்படி நடக்கும்?

You are right. there are also women like her. (ha ha ha)

believe me I cried when I wrote those words.

That's the power of goodness. If only such power were to be channelized we can reform the whole world in less than 24 hours.

Yeah. Whether Kamla's problems will be solved?
    Am I going to bring vidya and/or ambuja back into the story?
    Million dollar questions, mam. Only time can answer.
    love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. varalotti

Dear Mol,

After reading your fb and the fb from all the ILites I am sure of one thing. Had I written the story all alone without your participation it would not have been like this. In a way all of you are my co-creators.

In life too, love is the only essential things. Others are just frills. I had to move the story forward this episode. And there is no prime mover more powerful than love.

You are quite right about the need to be alert while dealing with partnerships. As a business consultant of 25 years' standing I have seen a lot of people being destroyed by their unscrupulous partners.

That sounds like a quote. One never does good or bad to others; she does it only to herself. Somebody asked Buddha, when he is hitting me how can I keep quiet? To which Buddha replied, "If your teeth accidentally bites your tongue, will you take a stone and demolish your teeth?".

When we draw the life's balance sheet at the end what remains? Only the good memories. The good we did to others. People mistakenly look for some benefit out of good done to others, not knowing the fact, that the good done is its own benefit.

Thanks, Mol. Of late I have this simple test. I don't post the episode until it makes me cry. Real learning happens only with emotional involvement. We remember the love song we learnt aeons ago, because of our emotional involvement. But we do not remember the mathematical formulae. Of course there are people who are emotionally attached to formulae and for whom a love song is Greek and Latin. May God save them all.
    Love,
    sridhar

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhara ,

-
    YES ... there are also women like her - whom you failed to recognise ! hahahahahahaha....
    Love ,
    Indhusri !

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  4. varalotti

Re: Here My Comments!

Dear Vashini,
    Very interesting post. I would like to supplement your beautiful thoughts.

Number one, yes God creates some challenges for us to grow. Our resistance to evil is the best way to grow spiritually. But after a while you do not need those challenges.

Let's say when you are learning Carnatic Music. You need to take part in a lot of music competitions to hone your skills. Seeing others perform is the best inducement to train ourselves further and further. Now let's assume that you have grown into someone of Nithyashree's stature. Then you need not attend any competition. May be you will go as a Judge for competitions. At that level you will have to just perform to your best for so long as you live. That's our whole relationship with evil.

Number Two, Indian fathers are not per se bad. This generation may not know that. But when there was a joint family system and our fathers lived with their brothers as one unit, it was a taboo to express your love to your own son. You will have to hold all the affection in your heart but not express it. It was a kind of bottled up love. Most of the sons could not understand this situation. Even now many of the Indian fathers do not hug their children or kiss them. Thats one dimension of the problem. The father does not believe that his son can take wise decisions about his life. He is anxious to take all the decisions for his son as Arun's father did. That's another dimension of the problem.

And finally about the common dream we share. You are right. It is not a practical dream. But who said dreams have to be practical? My anxiety is that that ideal state should not completely go out of existence. Let's keep it alive at least in our dreams. I am very confident that it will come true one day.
    Love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Re: Here My Comments!

Dear Malathi,
    Asokamitran, the great writer, once said in a TV interview that there is no difference between a story and an essay. I have been thinking over it for a long time. It's so wonderfully true. In an essay we do give many illustrations to prove our point. A story is one long, continuous illustration to prove our point.
    If I were to write an essay that all of us should be good and we should associate only with good people, then there would be no takers for that. There will be less than 100 views for the post and no replies.
    That's why I have changed the format into a story without in any way changing my central idea of a satsang.
    A movie director once told me that he can shoot a movie without a hero but not without a villain. I don't buy that ********. My dream is a story with all the characters as heroes. And it could be interesting too.
    Association of good people, satsanghs, may not be as alluring as evil, but in the long run it will be very interesting and wholesome. After all the Hindu concept of heaven is a perennial satsangh with some 330 millions of devas.
    thanks for provoking me with good thoughts, malathi.
    And the most beautiful satsangh happens in the fb and replies. Thanks for being part of it.
    love,
    sridhar

6. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    This episode was gripping and I could not stop reading even for a second.
    I feel sad for Arun but also wonder that this sensitive boy who could understand the fine person in Kamla even at his first encounter with her,could not understand his own father.But that is life.Vey often we do not understand or we are reluctant to understand our near an dear.
    I too became emotional when the farmer comes with his son whose education was taken care of by Krishnamurthy.
    Dr.Kumar is an ideal man,do such men exist?
    Now I am waiying to know,what happened to kamla?
    A wonderful narration that keeps you glued to your chair and the monitor.
    love
    mythili

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost and Indhu,

I know I should not come in between husband and wife, as this has come in the open forum I wanted to tell you Indhu that I enjoyed your repartee to Sridhar soooo much.:rotfl:thumbsup

If all the husbands realise their wife's worth indhu, then this world is defintely a better place to live. Now I know, what Boost will do, he will just ignore this post and go on..... Playing safe as you know him.Big LaughBig Laugh

Boost - be careful, people are joing hands to pull your leg...........ha ha ha:hide:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  8. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Sir,

waiting for the 9th part and i had refreshed my screen more than 10 times. What happened to Ambuja and Vidhya? Did Ambuja had any role in breaking Vidhya and Arun's secret love?

9. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    thanks.
    Those are the medical terms I learnt when someone known to me was sick a few years back.
    About the sayings and religious quotes, I want mainly to tell those things only. The story is just an excuse or a wrapper to contain them all.

When we take a vow before God we should only pray to Her for the strength to fulfill it. Otherwise while performing it we will be filled with spiritual pride which is highly harmful for our growth. Kumar being a spiritually evolved person knows this rule.

I am happy that you liked this passage. Only one or two people quoted these words. I loved writing them and now I am happy to see that you enjoyed it.

You are right. In God's kingdom nobody is above law. Unlike a politician who escapes without paying tax, in Her kingdom no exception is given to any one. But for good people problems are actually accelerators and not brakes. They hasten their spiritual growth.
    God achieves two purposes by giving problems to all. One, the bad people cannot complain, "See that good lady does not have any problem."
    At the same time the problems are really boons to the good ones as SHE sends saviours. In this case we have Naren and Arun to help Kamla and Kumar.

</u1:p>I have got the first draft of Episode 9 ready and so I can confidently make these statements.
    Thanks for the nice fb, Sindhu.
    love,

10. varalotti