1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 25, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,
    thanks. I am also thrilled to read your fb.
    love,
    sridhar

2. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    I and probably everyone would have felt heavy after reading this episode.Upto now,there was no villain in the story.But now, the villian has come.(Arun's colleague).Only when people are in the heights of danger or in some abnormal situation,they begin to realise about other's affection.In this case, arun as well as his father are proving their affection.This was made possible by the honorable,gentle man Dr.Kumar.His character was uplifting the whole episode:cheers.
    I have a doubt.Usually psychatrists will put their patients under some medication.Atleast they will be given a short course.Was arun given any anti depressants???

That is all.Rest in next episode...
    BC

3. varalotti

My dear Indhu,
    If you say sorry for the late entry, how many sorries should I say for the l......a...te response. Almost two months after you wrote the fb. Let me at least say it once.. I am very sorry. I apologise.

But when SHE determines to take a life nothing can come in between. Arun's father's time has come. And the circumstances so shaped up to cause his end. At least in fiction you can argue with the author. But with the Great Author you don't have any arguments. It is SHE who decides who should go when.

We should be careful with people who talk to us as if they are concerned about our well-being. People who are genuinely interested in us do not speak their minds out like this. They just look for what kind of help we might need and do it silently.

Well said. Many parents do not trust their children. They instead trust some third persons. That's what I told Preethi in the very beginning: in any matter concerning you I'll trust your words rather than your teacher's.

That's genuine love.

Words spoken when feelings of guilt are assailing him. Poor Arun! what could he do!

Thanks, Indhu. Once again sorry for the inordinate delay.
    Love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Bhargavi,

At last I am replying to your fb. In fact if you read Epilogue 1 to the final episode you will find that I have acknowledged that replies are due to you, Indhu and all. Once again sorry for the delay.

You are right. Many times in our life we realise the value of a thing only after it goes away from us or is threatening to go away. Arun had hitherto been looking into the negative side of his father. His sickness has forced him to turn to the positive side. Of course Dr.Kumar played a major role.
    You know, many ILites, asked me, how can the person be so intelligent as to make such things happen.

My answer to them is quite simple. When you attempt to do things with your head, everything looks so complex. But when your heart is filled with love, then everything is simple and profound. Love directs the course of intelligence and that makes miracles happen. Arun's reconciliation with his father is a miracle occasioned only by Dr.Kumar's love.

You are right about psychiatrist giving pills to their patients. In the case of Arun he has not become a fullfledged patient. Each one of us is suffering from occasional bouts of depression. Arun's case was a little severe. But since Dr.Kamla has accepted him as a friend and Arun has started confiding in her the wounds in his mind are starting to heal.

But the general opinion is that all anti-depressants are habit forming. And make the patients eternally dependent on them. Kamla has avoided that for Arun by her love.

Love is the best anti-depressant available on earth today.

Sorry once again and see you in the later episodes.

love,
    sridhar

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Finally the misunderstanding between father and son is cleared.

Lets see further.

6. varalotti

Thanks, Mals. You have come up to Episode 9. Episode 10 is quite special and once you read it you'll find why.

I think you will now be busy responding to all the congratulatory messages for you have won the October FP. Congratulations once again.
    Take your time.
    love,
    sridhar