1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 5

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 11, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi gf,
    Thanks for those kind words, gf. You almost made me blush with your profuse words of praise.
    Vidya has her own reasons for not divulging the name of her lover to Bhaskar. That's why she says right in the beginning - don't ask me who he is.That's a killing point for Arun as well. He is sure that she has Sundar is in her mind.
    I don't know gf. May be there is a third person -other than Sundar and Arun. We will have to wait and see.

I am happy that you liked Vishnuchitthan and his selfless love for God. Contrary to what we all think God is eternally longing for our love. And we never understood those longings and are begging for material things from God.

It's like this. A rich, very beautiful girl is madly love with a young man. Her beauty, her goodness - she is ready to give to that young man in full. But the young man is asking her just Rs.100. That's how we relate to God. Vishunchittan is an exception to the normal human rule of Bhakthi.

You are most welcome. Thanks for the kind wishes, gf.
    love,
    your bf

2. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    Thanks. Never mind the late entry. I am happy that you were able to enter and write such a long fb.

That's a wild guess, Madam. Let's wait and see what happens.

Your suspicion is okay. But just read every word that is written, very carefully. Tomorrow when the story takes a turn - for better or worse - remember you cannot hold me down with these words. I can't say anything more as that would spoil the suspense for all, including me.

I think I can share this incident with you, you being my only wife. Once when my fil spent some money for me, I promptly offered to reimburse the money to him. He told me that had he spent the money for Viji he would not have got the money back from him. I retorted that had my own father spent the money for me, I always give him back. Whereupon he silently accepted the money from me. I applied the same logic with the appropriate twist.

At least the Kings of those days realised the meaning of this Thirukkural. That's why we call those days the golden days. The rulers of these days know this Kural but do not apply its meaning.

Buddha's father met him long after he became enlightened. The King told his son Siddhartha,
    "You see my son, I am a king. My father was a king. His father was a king. And his father was so - for countless generations. Then why did you become a monk?"?
    To which the enlightened saint replied,
    "You see father I was a monk in the previous birth. A monk in the birth before that and so on for countless births. How can you expect me to become a king in this birth."
    Hope you get the message. Just want to deliver the message strongly that Aandal had her own flawless bhakthi. She being the Goddess herself, the only Azhwar who married the great Lord, she did not have to derive her Bhakthi from her adoptive father.

That's a good observation. Just think of Kumar's state when he spoke these statements. He had just read Periazhwar's story. His mind is full of devotion to God. And then he hears Arun's statements which also reflect an unique kind of selfless devotion. Kumar is submerged in that state of love - it's virtually the state of God. So for a few seconds he had acquired God's omniscience. Hence had those beautiful insights.

You suggested Madhavan for Madhavan/Sethu of HE. And now for Arun. Don't you think that are so many other actors around? And can't you choose somebody younger and more dashing- Prithviraj for example?

You are right.

To know about Dr. Rao's problem you may have to wait a little longer. In another two days (less than 45 hours) you'll know about Ambuja and her proposal.
    Whether her entry will make the serial more or less interesting - you will have to wait till Monday morning and tell me. And this time without the delay. Ok?
    love,

3. Vanisha79

Vanisha79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Just read your latest Episode. Was out od town... It's great how you potrait Arun's character as vishnuchithar's character. It's the way they both love the GOD. Dr Kumar's explanation about Kumar's character here is genious. You made us realise here that with pure heart and pure intension & love we would get he blessings. As Arun dont believe in GOD.

As for Vidya, " Beauty hold in the eyes of the beholder", what is beautiful for me might not give the same impression to you. So she has told bhaskar that she find this guy is handsome, So for Arun it's Sundar which is handsome but for vidya it could be other person(hoping she meant Arun here):coffee

New character ambuja... waiting to know about her. Is she still waiting for Arun's love? Waiting and waiting patiencely.

Regards,

Vanisha

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. varalotti

Dear Vanisha,

You have aptly drawn comparison between Arun and Vishnuchittan. Though they are miles apart in their devotion and their approach to life, when it comes to selfless love they are in the same boat.

The problem with us Vanisha is that we seek some external instruments to seek God. And the greater problem is that we seek God for some external advantages - more wealth, a seat in the Engineering college, the promotion at the office, a larger TV or a longer car.

Whereas in truth God is both our mission in life as well as the means to achieve it. And the only purpose of that mission is to be with Him and to love Him for all time to come.

I think your fb will be the last before I go for the next episode. Since you have expressed your admiration for Vishnuchittan I will reveal one subtle point which I learnt in the Pallaandu class a few days back. The commentator Periavaachan Pillai imagines the following conversation between God (G) and Vishnuchitthan (VC)
    G: I am moved by your fear, Azhwar. But there is no need to fear. See my broad shoulders. Did I not fight the Demons with those mighty shoulders. So don't you worry, my child.
    VC: Oh, my Lord, that's the greater cause of my worry. Your shoulders are so very beautiful that I am afraid that people might cast their evil eyes on them.
    And the commentator continues. A mother on seeing her strong and brave son would invariably be worried. Because the son, prompted by his strength might get himself involved in unnecessary fights and land himself in trouble. Periavaachan Pillai writes that Periazhwar was like that mother to God.

I don't want to comment about Vidya's comment on her lover being handsome. Any word I speak might reveal the story. Stay tuned and see that for yourself.

Ambuja! Just finished giving final touches to the sixth episode. You need to wait for about 12 hours and 45 minutes to read that.
    Thanks for joining us in ALS5
    love,

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

Actally, I tried posting this reply several times, long back, but it said that it was a short reply. So, I couldn't post it. Again, tried now.

After posting, I found out that the quotes and my replies look alike; as quotes. So, underlined my replies.

Love,
    Your dear DD.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  6. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    That was a great morale booster for me, something which I need now,before posting the sixth episode. As usual I got up 15 minutes earlier than usual (at 5 30 am) to post the next episode and was pleasantly surprised to see your loving reply.
    To be appreciated and understood by one's daughter is the highest happiness which you have given me today.
    Thanks,
    Love,
    Your SriPa

Note: I know how you had the problem in posting the reply. While applying the "quote" tags, you applied it for your reply also. As the entire post was enveloped by quote tags it did not allow you to post it.

7. varalotti

Re: A LOVE STORY - Episode 6

My Dear GFs,

It is 5 50 AM here. There is still darkness around. It will be sometime before the Sun comes out to show his life-nourishing splendour. Yesterday's gentle showers have made the place cool and fresh.

In a way I am imposing on your time. You see every episode has on an average about 1500 views. And if every view implies a minimum of 10 minutes of time, then the time taken as 15000 minutes - week after week. That's about 250 man-hours.. I'm sorry.. 250 woman-hours. Compared to that, the time I take to write the episodes is ridiculously low.

This week I will be demanding more of your time as this episode is longer by at least 30%. Instead of the usual 11 or 12 parts, this week we have 16 parts. I could not cut it short. Like the greedy child which demands more and more of his mother's time, I am now demanding more of your time.

I am sure you will concede to my demand. I also have a prayer to the Loving Presence to ensure that the time spent on this is worthwhile for you.

Longingly waiting for your love and affection,
    sridhar

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  8. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Dear bf,

thank u very much for ur kind reply. My wishes all ways with u dear. what u had said about gods love is absolutely correct we human beings just pray for worldy wishes but not true love of his.

Dear bf i have a small request for u, as iam coming to india for vacation of one month, i do not want to miss this serial at any cast, but i dont have pc at india so pls if u could mail the next episodes to my id over here then when iam back i can go through them. pls bf help me in this i dont want to miss ur serials.

my date of journey is 20th that is wednesday. so eargly waiting for ur reply as early as possible.

ur loving, gf,
    madhu.

9. varalotti

Dear gf,
    I will certainly do that.
    Please don't give your mail ID on the forum. Send it by a PM. I will mail the episodes to you as soon as I post it in IL, so that you can read it in any Internet Cafe in India.
    But if you are going to an Internet Cafe you can as well log into Indusladies.
    I can't send you the episodes in advance as I don't finalise them till Saturday.
    love
    your bf

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

It is my pleasure and duty to be with you....

I'll rectify the mode of quoting hereafter. Thanks for the suggestion.

Love,
    Your dear DD.