1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 4

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 4, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,
    I am happy that you are enjoying ALS, all in one go. You have just 3 more to go. Then you will have to put up with weekly waiting.
    I am happy that you liked Arun's way of worshipping Kamla. Looking forward to read your fb for the other episodes as well.
    love,

2. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    This episode is a masala mix of spirituality,love,skills(about arun's novel being praised by marimuthu) and everything.That was very,very interesting .Dr.Rao's words

I am now planning to love her. I am yet to implement my plan.

:idea I don't know how to perceive this,as a joke or think about the pragmatical approach of the doctor.

Kamla's meet with arun in restaurant is really interesting.I mean to say the fruit chat ,vegetable rolls and herbal soup in the mid of conversation.Frankly telling i loved the way you have inserted the modern gadgets :coffee here and there.

Episode by episode the suspense,thrill and excitement were going up.The content,theme and the description was lucelent.I have no other words to describe our craze and interest to this story.:thumbsup

Regards
    BC

3. varalotti

Dear Bhargavi,
    You have used the right word, masala mix. In the earlier episodes till such time I had a full grip of the story and the characters, the story was more of a masala mix, mainly to retain the readers with me, so that I can take them along to greater heights in future episodes.
    I am sure that if you read Episode 8, 9 or 10 which is in the making, that "masala" part wont be there. I am now trying to provide more of nutrition and less of masala.
    Rao's words represent the confusion of a generation, which was torn from earlier spirituality but not fully modern. A kind of trisangu sorgam, belonging neither here nor there.
    You will know more about the character later.

I love good food and any restaurant or eating scene, I dont forget to introduce my favourite items. Once I was retained by my client in Coimbatore for 4 days. I was paid my full fees but had nothing to do.I was in a star hotel and had the liberty to order anything.(Of course on client's account) I survived on fruit chat, panneer pakora and musambi juice for four days.

thanks Bhargavi.Looking forward to seeing you in future episodes.
    love,
    sridhar

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kamala has soft corners for Arun. They share a mother and son relationship! A point to be noted is, Arun has reasons for not trusting God!

Like a true "pappu" he follows his dads advice and takes up Commerce to be a bank clerk!

He again follows Vidya's advice and starts writing with a pen-name!

Arun though depcits lovely novels for the world to read, can't chart a course fo action for himself. He writes fat books and gives life to names which develop in his thought, but the real him needs to be guided!

Arun pull up your socks buddy, you do not need any Kamala! You need to talk to yourself and get in to a solution!

God - the best anti-depressent is true!

5. varalotti

I am simply overwhelmed by the advice you have given to Arun. Every person goes through such a situation. Even the great warrior Arjuna was confused when the great war was about to start. The sum and substance of Krishna's advice to him (Gita) was this.
    'Pull up your socks buddy and fight the war.'
    But we can't rule out the use of persons like Kamla to persons like Arun. As Arjuna was activated by Krishna, Arun was by Kamla. At least you need some shoulders to cry on during tough times.
    He is against becoming a bank clerk. Only when vidya points out that it is the best way to become a writer he took up that job.
    thanks for being there, Mals.
    love,