1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 3

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Vanisha79

Vanisha79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

For sure I'm hoping for a happy ending but theni'm open to all circumstances that might happen along the way. I cant wait for monday to read your story. Waitng with full of enthusiasm for the next episode.

Regards

Vanisha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanisha,
    After reading your post I now realise that I have the greater responsibility of writing an episode that is worth waiting.
    Whether the story will end in a tragedy or a happy ending.... well, it is too early to predict

Regards,

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    I envy Kamla at the same time feel happy for her. My initial reaction to Arun was why should A run a modern boy belonging t the college crowd,cry?But then I realised lve does strange things to both men and women.
    Unforgettable characters,a narration you nly are capable of giving.
    Thank you for this wonderful story.
    Regards
    mythili

4. varalotti

Dear Mythili,
    Any writer's dream is that he should be appreciated by a better writer. And that dream of mine came true today.
    love,

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    I am sorry for my tardy reply. I did reply two days ago, but just before submitting, my DD wanted to use the computer so badly, and I have to give the comp immediately. Came again after some time, but the page was gone.

Sridhar sir, my vote is for Kushboo, though I like Tabu. I personally think Sneha would fit the character. But one thing, she has to wear high heels all through the movie, because our hero is tall. Whom do you think would fit for Dr. Kumar's character? I am still thinking.

Looking forward to read ALS-4 tomorrow.:yes:
    MM is always with you! I am sure you will rock!

best regards,

6. varalotti

Re: A LOVE STORY - Episode 4

My Dear GFs,

It is the 4th of August. And the 4th child - the 4th episode of A LOVE STORY is due.

It is pretty early in the morning here. The world around me is just about waking up. The pleasant silence of the dawn is punctuated by the chirping of the birds and is deepened by the voice of the legendary MS coming from somebody's radio or other audio device, waking up the Lord of Seven Hills. The apt setting for telling you a love story.

I have one problem though. The episodes are getting longer by the week. I had planned somewhere between 2500 to 3000 words at the maximum. But I could not contain the story this time in less than 4300 words. Bear with me.

Because it is long, I am breaking it into mini adais, short scenes, in the same way the story writer would explain the scenes to the Director of a movie.

With nothing but your unconditional love to fall back upon, I am placing the child on your lap. The childing is now looking at your beautiful faces longing for motherly love.

I am sure the child will not be disappointed.

Love,

7. varalotti

Dear Sindhu,
    I know that as I am writing this, you are now reading ALS 4. The page disappearing is a common occurrence. The best way to avoid it is, to write the reply in a MS Word file or a note pad and then save it. When it's time to post, you may just copy-paste the content onto the forum

You know my first preference was Kushboo was Kamla's role. Tabu is a little too lean, though she is very very beautiful. Now that we don't do the actual casting, let's say for vidya it's somebody with Sneha's face and features but with Tabu's height.

For Kumar I'd prefer Actor Rajiv. Did you see Kaadhal Kottai? Rajiv would be Devayani's sister's husband. Actor Shivakumar would fit the bill. But besides Khushboo he'd look puny and a little aged too. Raghuvaran is a good fit, but alas he's dead. Nizhalkal Ravi can also be considered.

Thanks for invoking MM's presence and blessing for me, Sindhu.
    regards,

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

You made me miss out on my whiskey, so busy I was reading your stories.So now whiskey time and tomm back to Kamla and Arun.Hats off to u, Sri, I just want to k now once again what magic u drink when u write these love stories.Regards.kamal

9. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    Love itself is the magic, Kamal. And it is love creates joy in drinks, happiness in women and meaning in life.
    But I am really sorry I made you miss out on your whiskey. And it is from you that I wrote about Kumar, that he would not miss his evening whiskey (I episode.)
    thanks for the nice words. Your words are even more intoxicating than genuinie Black Label stuff.
    love,

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    I enjoyed reading ALS-4 on Monday morning, though my FB was little late (sorry!).

That's always best to write on MS word and paste it later. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Actor Rajiv would fit well in Dr.Kumar's character. He acted very well in KK. As you said, SK has become old and will not be a perfect choice for that character. How about Nizhalgal Ravi for Marimuthu's character?

Looking forward for ALS-5!

Have a nice weekend!