1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 12

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 28, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cutepavi,
    Just wait for 20 hours. I will post it by 4 15 pm tomorrow. (IST) Thanks for the nice words you have about me and my writings.

In spite of my having a larger than life size ego I find it difficult to accept these compliments. I will take it as my ideal and try to make those statements true in future.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

hi krips,
    First accept my hearty congratulations. May you be blessed with a healthy child. And may you have the least pain while delivering it.
    Since you have conveyed this most special news I am making two special concessions for you:
    one, I will try my best to finish the story before your expected due date.
    and two, I will write the story in such a way that makes you happy especially during this time.
    When I was writing The Haunted House one ILite had written elsewhere that she was pregnant. I immediately wrote to her not to read the story as it was a horror story.
    But you need not have any such fears as far as ALS is concerned. In fact I would even prescribe reading ALS for you during this time.
    And krips, take care, take care and do take care.
    Please tell us when the new bundle of joy arrives in to this world.
    Wish you the best of luck
    love
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    Thanks.
    I thought no one has noticed this sentence. This is thanks to the impact of Robert M Pirsig and his classic work Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I am happy you noticed it and liked it.

thanks Sindhu. next episode will be posted by 4 15 tomorrow, IST. I can't commit anything about Vidya and Arun meeting in the next episode. As an accountant the only commitment I can give is that the next episode will be another long episode 5000 plus words long.

Thanks once again. When I called my publisher on Thursday they told me that there are likely to be some delays in printing and that the release might be delayed. But today I called Marimuthu who told me that printing is over and the books have gone to the binders.
    I am happy you liked the title. The title was given by Marimuthu himself. My title was not that classic and so I left it to him to choose the topic.

thanks for the fb, Sindhuja.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

dear bas,

already thappikka vazhiya yosikka arambichachu. ALS episode yosikarathavida kashtama irukku. Irunthaalum try panren.

[/QUOTE]
    Honestly the shopping list was also a part of my creative inspiration. but I don't want anybody to go shopping because of me. this is the consideration I have for all the DHs of our dear ILites.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

My Dear Daughters and GFs,

In a few seconds from now I'll be uploading Episode 13. I wanted to end the serial with this episode. But I did not want to end in 13 episodes. My DW gave a brilliant suggestion of posting Episodes 13 and 14 together.

I started working on it. But even with 5300 words I could not end the story. So I have decided to post Episode 13 now.

The final episode (hopefully so) I will try to post on Thursday or Friday, as I am leaving for the great Bangalore ILites Meet on Friday Evening.

In designing the scenes in this episode I have taken into consideration two of our friends - one Venonimiss, the FP Winner this time, who is preparing for an exam and the other Kripasankari who is expecting a baby by October 19th.

Best of luck Venus and Krips.

Love,
    sridhar

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

If only I knew how to read tamil.I could have enjoyed more of your writing in all tamil magazines you mentioned and some of my relatives( they are great fans of your writing).The name Vidya must hold a special place for you.

Vidya inspite of being hopelessly in love with Arun has come to become a successful woman careerwise too and that is not a small acheivement . Kudos to her.

Can never say no to a cup of our own coffee. Coffee and chocolates hold their own special place .

I am also a Vaishnavite . I havent had much exposure to our roots maybe because we constantly moved in North India.(can speak hindi fluently but falter in my tamil).I havent seen a more beautiful explanation of my name than you mentioned. Thanks for that.

7. varalotti

When I chose the name Vidya there was no special cause attached to it. The name became special when Vikatan accepted the story with her name. It was one of the very few stories I wrote in long hand in a piece of paper and sent it across.

Thanks for the nice words.
    I am attending a class on Divya Prabandam. In my first class or so, I asked my master the significance of the word "divya" when he gave this explanation. The connection of divya with God is all the 16 Proto-Indo-European languages which includes Greek, Latin, English, Sanskrit and Tamil.
    love,
    sridhar

8. chocolate

Oh wow , I didnt know that the name had such deep meaning and significance in many other languages.I was under the impression it only meant divine. Sorry for my ignorance.Thanks for telling me that.

If you can spare some time can you post the first story that got published.

Thank you very much.
    Divya

9. varalotti

Dear Divya,
    I have already posted that story. That's called Love Letter. It was announced as a contest in IL.
    You may find it in the inded prepared by CV. If you can't find it let me know, I'll post the links here.
    sridhar

10. chocolate

Sure. Let me look for it and get back. thanks again.