1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 14, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gowri,

Thanks a lot for those kind words of praise. I am happy to know that you liked the font size comparison to thoughts. We writers constantly move with words and fonts. The best way we know to express our anger is to increase the font size.

In a chat room if you start keying in capital letters then the other person would ask you, "why are you screaming?" When capital letters is equivalent to screaming, why not use font size to show our emotions?

Thanks once again, Gowri. I have just posted one episode but divided it into 9 parts (what I love to call the mini adai format) for easy reading.

I might be posting the second episode by end of this week. Looking forward to travel with your throughout the journey.

regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Vidya,

Tell me how many writers in this world are fortunate enough to get a rave review from their heroines and a favourable endorsement from their heroes through the heroine?

I was watching my wife reading some other post in IL yesterday and there also the name of the pair was Vidya and Arun.

If you have some elderly woman nearby ask her to do some "drishti kazhitthal" for you and Arun.

I had the events for the first episode lined up much earlier. But was looking for the opening for days on end. I have discarded five alternative openings to choose this one. Only now I feel that all my efforts have been worth the while and the game has been worth the candle.

Your DH should be as charming as my hero. And thanks for the kind words. When the "drishti kazhitthal" is being done, include your DH in it.

Thanks a lot, Vidya.

I read the first episode about a hundred times before it got its present shape. And thanks Vidya for the words which makes all my lonely hours before the system worth their while.

All questions will be answered. When I first serialised the Haunted House here in IL, towards the end I asked the readers to list down all the questions. And then in the next few chapters I answered them all. I'll see to it that no question is left unanswered.

Thanks. thanks. thanks.
    Love,
    sridhar

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Vow! What a start! 'A Love Story' seems to be a lovely story conquering our hearts from the start.
    This approach of Kamla reminded me of Earl Stanley Gardener's 'Perry Mason' (sorry forgot how he was spelt!), the leading lawyer character of the novels, handling his clients.
    Waiting eagerly for the next episode.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    The MIL waited & watched how the reception to her DIL was! Great, no doubt!!

I loved the way, you have projected Kamla, typically like Bharathiyar’s pudumai peNN.

The “lucidity” was a beautiful expression, which conveys a glimpse of the character Kamla.
    You said it right, Sridhar. The motherly instincts in a woman do spring up at the most unsuspecting times, which endear her to the other person. That is one of the puzzles of life. I do hope she proves a good confidante for Arun aka Vidyabharathi.
    Towards the end, who is more emotional – Kamla or me?
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Thanks for being there when this whole thing started.
    I know Varloo, Women take revenge in subtle ways. But that's what all women do. I want my character to act differently. To break the eternal dogma of women not being aggressive. I know a lot of woman like that. In my college days where even a woman riding a cycle was rare, there was one lady, who used to go by Vicky Scooter. She was known as Vicky Vijaya.
    I am advancing the second episode by more than a week. I had announced that it'd be released only by 26th. Now I am planning to do it by 18th.
    Stay tuned Varloo. Be with me. You will get answers for all the questions.
    thanks once again for the fb.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Saraswathi,
    (I don't know how old are you and can I address you by your name. If it's not all right, tell me so. I'll mend myself)
    Thanks for reading the whole thing in one go. This mini idli and mini adais are fascinating concepts. You dispense content in small pockets so that people do not feel their weight and are able to digest it easily. The same way my grandmother used to feed me when I was quite young. In small mouthfuls.

As I have been telling others, I plan to post the second episode by this Friday itself. So please stay tuned.
    I look forward to travelling with you throughout the journey.
    Thanks for the fb.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    You are not an oldie. All my fans who respond to my writings are "youngies".

You are right. Radhika doesn't fit. If you think Kushboo also doesn't fit then you have to suggest somebody else.

For these questions I can write an explanation running into hundres of pages and at least 16 or 17 more episodes. Yes, the whole of the serial would be an explanation to your questions. So wait and see.

You are right.Psychiatrists with a maternal instinct... a professional giving up her fees. (I don't do that.) Doctor accepting to be a patient's friend. All are rare. But not impossible. I had already explained in an epilogue to HE that a writer has the power to project his ideals on reality. I was just exercising that right.As to Kamla accepting the friendship I have added one more dimension to that in Episode 2.

About that 40-50 secret, yes, I can organize an interview with my character. But honestly Sudha for that purpose our own dear real Kamla will be a better person. She looks a lot more younger than her age. She's after all an ISD call away from you. Ask her. And if she tells something please do post it in the appropriate forum.

The next appointment is going to happen sooner than expected. As to Vidya's entry, I am still preparing the ground.
    I'll let out a small secret to me. Please don't tell anybody. The last word in the next episode is.. yes, you guessed it right. Vidya.
    thanks for the fb, Sudha.
    regards,

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Sridhar sir,

Thanks for your reply to my fb and glad you liked it ! I was not aware of creating any history..its just that, i liked the way you started your story, portrayal and introduction of the characters which makes the readers glued to it ! This is what made me nominate your serial. It was my pleasure to be the first one to nominate it ! :)

Glad you think Siddharth fits the role for Arun..but then you feel Radhika is too obese..then isn't Kushboo also plump? :) Fine then...how about Nadhiya? Won't she fit the role of Kamla?

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

It's a good start...

That 'Overtake' by Kamla made me say 'yes'. I felt that I did that. To my surprise you wrote that it's a lady.

I liked all your varnanai's very much which makes the reader's presence in any story in a high percentage.

See you in Kamla, Arun and etc on 18th.

10. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Whoa dear Sridhar..very involving! I should study your writings for the language..your choice of words and your plots! As a person who is just struggling to write mini tidbits now and then, your writings are like the epics to me. I cannot but admire your writings with unblinking eyes and open mouth.

Please Pray Tell..how do you do this? Do you have a plot before and do you then write episodes - beautifully describing the scenes with the tiniest of the tiniest details, dragging the readers by their hearts and minds into the scenes?

Anyhow..wonderful..Can't wait to read the next episode.

May Saraswathi bless you more.