1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

If you had hinted me in the morning that you don't want me to read it today (15th Jul), I would not have done that......Lo all your efforts have gone waste as I am reading this on 15th itself.......Big LaughBut I appreciate your thought in giving me the preferance and thanks for the same.

Thanks once again for the trust you have reposed on my frail shoulders and it is a great responsibility. Hope to fulfill the same with HER blessings.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I will have to agree with Sudha that neither Radhika nor Khushboo fit the role of Kamla.
    How about the brilliant actress Revathi?

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,
    I do believe you dear. And I am happy that you loved my creation. Sitting simply doing nothing letting our thoughts flow freely was a meditation you learned from Dr. Yoga Meenakshi in Keep Fit Hospital. Remember? I used it here.
    Our true self is reflected in our relationships, Indhu. So the best way to portray a character is through others. In the case of Kamla, I first chose a faceless cab driver, then her colleague Dr. Rao and finally the hero Arun. Kamla's character is brought out by all these people.

Thanks for your appreciating Kamla's words about ego and love.
    Why is Arun depressed? And what is Kamla going to do to him? For answers to these questions, "Velli Thiraiyil Kaanka."

What to Indhu? I load all my heroes with qualities I do not have and which I always long to have. Have all the readers fallen in love with him? And BTW who's that innocent ILite? Is it Kamla? Or Devika Menon, who was the one who did not talk about Arun being very handsome? Or Brindha? Or ... I am still breaking my head.
    Hi Innocent ILite come out from hiding and show yourself. ha ha ha ha.

I do love font sizes and they come in quite handy to describe the sound and the importance.
    And so, Indhu, a big Thanks to you. Now this thanks is in Font Size 6. How is it?
    Love,

4. varalotti

My Dear GFs,

I had told in the CR that the second episode for the story will be released only during the next week-end, by about Friday, somewhere between 24th and 26th of July, 2008.

But my wife after reading the first episode and after reading all your enthusiastic fb almost ordered me to release the next part by this Friday. I cant give a commitment now. But I am working towards it.

I have been able to get a few openings and if SHE continues to shower HER grace on me, I'll be able to release it this Friday. Please pray for me.
    Love,
    sridhar

5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Sridhar

How nice of you, specially Indhu....Sure will keep you in my prayers..No doubt SHE will be there with you..

Love
    Vidya

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. varalotti

Re: An impressive opening !!

Dear Krithika,

thanks for the long, moving fb and thanks again for the FP nomination.You have created history by nominating an episode of a serial in FP. That has not happened in IL before.

I normally do not exceed 3000 words per episode. In this case I overshot by a cool 200 words, but could not help it.

The best cure for impotent anger is aggression. Did you see the movie Punnakai Mannan? An young boy will be crying and to pacify him Kamal would be hanging upside down. Every time Kamal tries to get down, the boy would start crying again. Srividya would pass by the way and seeing the situation she would slap the boy on his face. The boy would immediately stop crying.

It is a nice way of saying that Kamla had started her treatment right on the road itself.

Road rage is becoming a fast spreading disease all over the world. Many including yours truly are afflicted by it. If somebody finds a magic cure for road rage, I'll be the first person to buy that, whatever may be the cost.

Thanks. That's the best compliment a writer can get.

This is where we commit a major mistake. You can be matured and composed and at the same time can be passionately attached to your work and clients. I have been a professional for 25 years. I have a theory that if you don't bring passion to the table, the professional is not complete. I have passionately defended my clients, have become sad when they lose a case, have celebrated when they win and never once forgot to send my bill for my services. hi hi hi.

Thanks.

All million dollar questions. Will be hopefully answered before the end of the serial.

Stay tuned.
    regards,

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    That was mind blowing to say the least, Fireworks have started with this story, I did expect nothing but the best from you and Iam not disappointed. With your words, I could live the story rather than read it. The car scence is what the driver needed to put him in place. Kamla, I can see is very observant to Arun as a patient, and she exudes confidence that comes with power and money. Well, Arun has lost his mom at an young age, is that reason enough for him to clam up ,and for each patient who comes to her can she offer friendship, motherly instincts at the first sitting itself??? I did notice that even the receptonist ogles at Arun well, good lokking and troubled he is. Waiting for the next episode that will be posted earlier , Thank you Indhu!!!!!
    Sorry, I needed time to think and write my feedback hence the delay!!!! For a fact I read it an hour or so after it was posted!!!

8. varalotti

Dear Sowpar,
    I was to have posted it by 9 AM Indian Time on 14th. 14th was a Monday and Rahu Kaalam ends at 9. I wanted to post by 9.01. But had to go to my niece's school to collect her medals and certificates. It was supposed to be a five minutes job. But they made me wait for an hour and hence the delay. But I was happy about that because even before I posted the serial I was given a couple of medals and a certificate of appreciation.

Your linking the impotent anger in this scene with what I felt in HIV Thangavettai is quite creative. No, I did not think of that. In fact but for your reminder I'd have forgotten about HIV Thanga vettai.

My Kamla, not only has her head on her shoulders but also has her heart in the right place. I had first designed that character to be a single woman. That wont do justice to our dear Kamla. So in the last minute I included Dr. Kumar in. More about Kumar in future episodes.

You are right, Sowpar. There comes a time in your life where you need a friend much more than a mother, a spouse or a sibling. Arun is going through such a period now.

You are right again. When we were in school and college, opposite sex friendships were as much as taboo as lesbianism today.
    You know I was instructed not even to recognise my sister when I see her on the road. Only much later did I realise that had I got a woman friend and not a lover, just a matured woman friend, I would have grown into a much better man. Somehow that did not happen. I wanted Arun to enjoy such a kind of friendship.

I know E&Y's office there. There used to be an ICICI Office near there. I knew there are a few complexes in that area. Chose that to show that Kamla is doing well as a shrink.

Thanks sowpar. We'll get to know what's there in Arun's heart soon. You might know that I have decided to advance the posting of the second episode from 25th to 18th or 19th.
    thanks once again for the nice words, and for a detailed fb.Looking forward to your company throughout the journey.
    love,

9. varalotti

You are right, Sowpar, about Aasai Ajith. Konja Naal Poru Thalaiva Ajith. I would like to have Kushboo to be Kamla. But looks like there is some opposition for that. I am not for Revathy. I'd then go for Kavitha.

10. varalotti

Re: Imagination....

Siddharth is good. He is young and is handsome. Radhika is a little too obese for Kamla's role. Why don't you think of somebody else, Jithiks?