1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Just lovely, the start itself is vey lovely! You have shown a different scenerio this time, the rage of the driver and the reply from the other driver. Yes, women do not take revenge by overtaking but in subtler ways. I, for one, just give way.
    And now, we have to wait to know why arun needed the help of a psychiatrist and why he would open his heart to a friend only.
    No problem, take your time.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,
    Looks like you have absolved my sin of not spending enough time with you. After this serial was announced I was obsessed with the story. This time I would be writing every episode afresh only after seeing the fb for the earlier episode. No question of cooking for the whole week and storing it in the fridge. It'll be fresh cooked food every time.
    When pride fills your heart, naturally love fills mine.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

It was the Timeline technique in HE. In A LOVE STORY it is a character which is on the threshold of reality and fiction. And you are that character Kamla.

I want your opening to be better than the opening for Superstar in his box office hit Shivaji. I broke the Tamil Movie formula of having the car-chase at the climax and moved it to the opening scene.

To have this episode approved by you... well it's no less than Sri Rama himself approving Kamba Ramaayanam. If that had happened Kamban would have been ecstatic. It has happened in my case.

As you one said about me with fondness, I almost grew up here, under your very eyes. In fact the other day I was comparing my Haunted House and HE. There was a world of difference. And it was all due to the fb, the responses, the rave reviews and the criticisms too that have honed my writing skills.

Nor can I. But Vidya has to come in with a bang! Will she come in Episode 2? Well GOK.

Thanks for the confidence reposed in me, which is doing wonders to me and my writing.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,

I think I have already told you. I gave your name Sindhuja to one of my all-time great heroines in the story, The Promise, which gave me standing as a writer and which was responsible for my entry into IL.

I am happy that you liked the screenplay mode of narration. If I were a Director I would have shot a full length movie and shown it to you. Being just a writer the best I could do is to give you a screen by screen, scene by scene narration.

I am actually toying with various possible scenes to bring my heroine. Let's see how it works out. Thanks for the words of appreciation, Sindhuja.
    Looking forward to your company throughout the serial.

thanks once again for your kind wishes,
    regards,
    sridhar
    PS: The brass name plate was cleaned by the Janitor of the building. And Bhavani is Dr.Kamla's secretary.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    I read the whole episode in a single go............:wow

Usually I go thru the long once in bits and piece...but this one was exceptional:hatsoff.

I love the mini idli, mini adai method that you adopted....

Am eagerly waiting to read further about the bond developing between the doctor and the writer....

Thanx

6. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    thanks. I have a theory that it is the characters other than the hero and heroin who lend charm to the story. Some big heroes in Tamil have the nasty habit of suppressing all the other characters which makes the movie a failure. Since I am the king and the king-maker in my serials I give every character its due importance which makes the main character glow in their own merit.
    Looking forward to your company throughout this journey.
    regards,

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I guess all your "latest" Fans have said it all leaving nothing for "Oldies"( fans!) like me!
    My views any way... Great head start, establishing Kamla's character......though i don't think our Kamla is like the one you have potrayed....at least from my interactions with her, she is smart and beautiful no doubt, but at least i too imagined actress Radhika here and i cannot visualise our Kamla as Radhika...ha ha...and somehow Khushboo does not fit your description of Kamla too!
    Arun's entry as a clerk and then the famous writer were all great ....except wonder what makes him so depressed! don't tell me he was already in Love and its Heartbreak all the way! :rotflCurious , as we all know that unfulfillable love can cause this! Don't want to expect anything....will leave your writer'S brain to conjure the story for us! Arun should be a NEWCOMER i feel, someone fresh!
    The scene developments and building the atmosphere around the Clinic etc were well done! But a psychiatrist with a maternal instinct , is novel and a bit different for her character! And she becoming a friend so soon....and giving up her fees....now i wonder how she manages that!Âlso can you ask Kamla and tell us how she LOOKS 40 WHEN SHE IS 50! That's something we can all benefit from....can you get us an interview with her or maybe you can TIP us on that!?!:biggrin2:
    So when is the Next Appointment between them, and when is Vidhya's entry!?Bow

8. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Dear bf,

you r really intelligent in holding viewers in your style. it was fantastic and lovely i think there will b love in between many people which will not appear in times but only will b in heart. this is very different from many stories, i really enjoyed and loved it. sir please post the remaining part as early as possible iam very curious to read it.thank u very much for your beautiful pen.

your gf,
    madhumathi.

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    I was dumbstruck after reading the whole episode:whistle.I do not know what to tell.So well portrayed.My anxiety kept increasing when i cross the nine divisions one by one.Just like a small boy who is craze about detective stories and longing for what next....I am also in a state of mind.:crazy
    The description of black car was good.Initially when i am reading the introduction of a cab driver,like him I too imagined the driver of the Honda as a male.From there,comes the twist(is it the right word?Correct me if I am wrong) as well as the episode starting to get hotter.The description of Kamla was flamboyant and it really embellishes the episode.:clap:clap
    When I step into part 2,”Dr.kamla,psychiatrist” catched my eye.Immediately,I thought what is she going to do with the psychiatrist.Since I did not finish part2.I just started reading.So this is my second assumption and my curiosity still went up.
    Kamla’s conversation with bavani was realistic( sir,romba thathroobama,janaranjagama irukku(tamil)) and her observation of patients through the camera initially kept the episode in synchronous with latest trends .
    Arun kumar ,a young handsome man suffering from depression .I thought he will be a colorful software professional. The reason for his depression is unknown.Eagerly waiting to hear his story.I wonder why he is unwilling to divulge his details regarding his love affair(if it is the case) after many attemps by kamla.Let us see what happens next??????????Looking forward .

Arun read the note. “I collect fees only from my patients and not from my friends. Good Day.”

Will anything like this happen in twenty first century.Please don’t mistake me.I just revealed what is happening in money minded world.Hope there are some exceptions.:hiya

Meet you in next episode.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    A very different opening this time with driver's rage! Too good a start. The way you have described Kamala as a doctor was really good.I could visualise her. I have given her a image of my own.

I especially loved the places where you have used font size 10- 14 etc.. when you want to express the over joy or when you meant the person raising his/her voice. good one!
    And about Arun, my what can i say.. handsome, young, tall, slim...who can stay at peace without ogling at him?? Too good descriptions about him.
    A very beautiful opening for Dr.Rao the relationship as a co-doctor with kamala;the emotions of Kamala well expressed!!

Kudos to you Sridhar for the grand opening.
    The love story has opened with a great bang, and i enjoyed reading it.
    Waiting for the 2nd part to appear soon in IL!!