1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A little more blessed !!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Some times we feel we are in the heaven if we are treated special or surprisingly we are offered some thing which we won't expect. In daily walk of life very rarely we come across such things and make us feel special. I am going to write some of my blessed moments which made me feel special and expects more to happen.:2thumbsup:

I am very fond of sleeping. Even it is 10 minutes i want to have an undisturbed sleep. I won't compromise for that. Getting up early is very tough job for me. I would prefer going to bed late than waking up early. Being married and having two school going children, i have to wake up early. I have set my alarms from 5.30 to 6.15 of 5 minutes gap. I'll wake up only by 6.10(I'm in joint family so it works).If some day if i woke up and see the time if it is 4.30 am WOOOW.... I have got extra time to sleep, I Just pull the blanket and hide myself. What a great gift i got today. Extra hour of sleep. Then that day will go very pleasantly and lucky day for me:yes:

Some day My husband will ask for some paper or lucky socks or kerchief..I don't know where I have kept it. I don't have time to search. With so many prayers... I'm putting my hand at one place.... If...I am... gettting...it .... in no time then .....Thats my day...Plus I will get appreciation that I always keep things at proper place..wow

If i get exact change from the conductor without any scoldings and if accidentally bus stops near the place where I have to go.... then that is jackpot for me..

If I get matching blouse within short time, and a grand saree within our budget then what I can ask for....!!!!!

Does some mess with the dish. Instead of scolding if I get praising .... then I will be queen
    Like wise so many unexpected small things make me feel great. A gift for no reason from husband. A cute card from my son saying "you are the best mom". and my daughter imitating me... These small unexpected things make my life more meaningful.:thankyou2:

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

smiled through out reading it...

and yes, these really small moments brings very big smiles.. enjoyed reading it

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This post reiterates the fact I already know that the women find happiness in small things as much as big ones. They definitely have a large heart to find happiness in such small things. Men assume things for granted on small things and only big things make the difference in their life. I guess, they are wired differently. How many times, men appreciate a well cooked meal? How many men ask the spouse, "you look so tired today. Did you have too much to do?" They take these things for granted and only if the wife does something remarkable, then, they will take the extra step to appreciate her. There are some husbands who understand this concept well and their life is blessed.

Viswa

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi sudha - lovely post. If u can find happiness in small things, our life will be smooth and fine.

andal

5. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thanks andal. Finding big things in small things is our speciality no!!!!

6. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Dear viswa sir,
    Thanks for your feed back. What i feel is though they want to appreciate the other gender, something is hindering them to do so. We have changed a lot. but....

7. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Dear pallave, thanks for your valuable comments

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai sudha,

Small thing will happen to our statisfaction we feel always the day will go smoothly and we can win over any situation. We are bringing the positive energy to all over th body and working sensibly one by one. Nicely narrated my dear IL

9. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

dear sudha .
    pleasant read...
    liked the finding socks part ... lol
    we women are so super cool :) ; just about anything can make us happy.
    i just dropped kids at school and returned home now and there was still some tea in the pot. (usually its empty and i don't bother making another cup ) ..
    warmed it , sipped it...and Happy me !!!! :)
    ahhh!!!! the little happy things ... :)

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Many small things together makes a day. If small things can make us happier our day also would be happy. I guess, same is with life also. Many small incidents, small decisions make life. Big decisions to take care off, big things to do also would be there. If I have to go somewhere and get the auto immediately I feel happy. If my family appreciates some dish prepared by me I feel happy. If my favourite song comes on T.V I feel happy.

As Viswamitra said....men do not appreciate small things much....do not know why..take small things for granted. Long back I was reading a snippet in Reader's digest. A young mother is struggling at home with two small kids, keeps the house spic and span, prepares good food which the husband likes etc etc. But still the husband always complains......" You are not a working woman also, sit throughout the day and relax whereas I slog and work so hard in the office....."Self pity. One day when he comes back from the office he sees that the whole house is in a mess, clothes everywhere, sink full of dirty dishes, babies unclean, only left overs from the fridge on the dining table, she still in nightie......"Husband asks why is everything like that. She replies in a cool voice......"if I relax throughout the day as you think, the house would be like this only.