1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Little Care Could Save A Lot Of Trouble

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jun 16, 2007.

1. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey sunkan!
    wonderful post&perfectly true!!!my hubby wont even get himself a glass of water!i have been complaining for 4 years with no results......i have a 10 month baby boy....i am determined to teach him the joys of lending a helping hand at home when he starts understanding stuff.....now ofcourse he's just a baby!

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vidhu,
    this is very very true, the way a mother really works with the children to put in the necessaties of life like the way we are so cautious that our girl child should excel so also if the boys are trained it would be so good for their future, nowadays like how TDU is writing men with kitchen knowledge are a great help as they want professionally qualified bride.

it would be a burden for the girl to help in home and office...happy parenting sunkan

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Right Sunkan, boys need to be house trained too :) You are resourceful indeed...enjoyed the tumbler and dabara (?) pic ..

L, Kamla

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamla,
    its been long since i got any line from you, happy u liked the article...btw how do u take your coffee? in mugs, or the tumbler and davara, silver ones may be, keeping the old tradition alive...sunkan

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

Much as I would like, the lack of time does not let me read many valuable contributions in IL, including those of your's. I see Twinsmom, Kamalji, Malspie and oh so many others are writing beautifully along with our old timers (pun NOT intended!!) like Cheeniya, Varalotti, Malathijagan and so many others.
    (Others...please don't take it to heart if your names are not mentioned, once again, time constraints !!!:mrgreen: )
    As a matter of fact, I am ashamed of myself. So many of you write , rather, churn out articles and middles in a jiffy and I am not even able to read it through. So guys, I am really in awe of you all and admire you folk:)
    And Sunkan...me and keeping up the 'old traditions'?! You must be joking. Much as I would like to, it is too much of 'detailed' work for me:icon_frown: I appreciate those who do take pains to maintain the old traditions, but I get along with life trying to keep pace with it !! Sorry to disappoint you.....but please go ahead and enjoy your coffee in a davara while I make do with my earthenware mug!!!!

L, Kamla

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sundari,

Lovely write up from you as usual. I totally agree with you. Being the lone gal in the family now, i have already started training my older son to help me out with stuff. I loved the davara tumbler photo ( which by the way we still use at home).
    I see, you have posted more writeups. I will read them leisurely and get back to you with feedback.

Vandhana

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamla,
    may be your liking for music and so many nostalgic thoughts i read, made me think so, nothing wrong though where jewellery is concerned dont we enjoy a pearl from our grandmom, real ethnic, like that some have this binge to take in the silver not because they want to show off but for health.
    in those days our culture followed certain things to maintain health, when the baby is born we rub gold on stone along with all the medicine as it is needed for the baby, so like wise we used to feed the medicine in a silver paladai, i think u know what it is, so that once u put the medicine and mix it with mother's milk in the paladai, the silver also joines, all this is only for good health, but here we are so scared to take them out as the servants are on prowl and anything could vanish...sunkan

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vandhana,
    nice to hear from you, so u back or still here, it is good to hear you are helping your son, later he must be able to tackle so many issues and if he knows his way may be he will become the best sought personality.

ya the davara and tumbler help you to take the coffee at the right consistancy while sipping from a mug u need to be careful not to burn ur tongue.. i am anyday waiting for FB which is a great pep to writers...sundari