1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A life in reverse!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 17, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    I am with Vidya when she quoted 'Mother, take me back into your womb"
    I have pondered over the cycle of birth and death and no one can sum it up better than Sankara in Bhaja Govindam.

But i often wonder too if this cycle can take place in our present incarnation itself. You travel upto your death and take a U turn and end up in your mother's womb and start all over again. This way wont we be able to refine our life better and better until we are totally freed from this Cycle?
    Just a fodder for your pensive mood!
    Sri

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    If what you say comes true, imagine the plight of the poor mother ! Her "cycle" will never end !
    This is yet a new fodder for your pensive mood !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    She will also have her Life in Reverse! But that would mean that a woman has to necessarily remain a woman thorough the cycles!
    Personally, I would want it that way as I can never settle for another mother in this cycle!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

dear Cheeniya,

Sorry i was busy with guests etc, so just could not take time to sit peacefully and read all that has been happening in the past week!
    But i picked this first and got down to readingin one go....thank god no one disturbed me!
    i thoroughly enjoyed the way you went in Reverse......i also found humour in the way you described some phases of life.....and there is alot of food for thought! Definetely this reverse process made me feel that i HAVE TO START LIVING IN LIFE the WAY i want to and not have regrets later.....maybe on my firebed!:mrgreen: And i honestly would not want to get back all over again and start anew.....there is never any guarantee that we will feel happier when we do things differently!? Is there?:idontgetit:

Anyway me i am not going to get pensive , but just get out there and enjoy!ha ha! I liked this piece of writing from you!

5. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir

Enjoyed the post very much. In nutshell we have seen a persons life completely………Hmmm ……….actually it kindled our past memories (rewind) and made us imagine how we will be when we become old (Fast forward)….Also reminded Kannadasans verses “Veedu varai uravu, veedhi varai manaivi, kaadu varai pillai, kadaisi varai yaaro”. Probably Life in reverse would also be Fun………….

6. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    Dont go missing without informing me in future! I was worrying if you were cold shouldering me!:)
    Good that you have resolved to seek out life rather than waiting for it! That's the spirit really! (Am I using too many exclamation marks?) Like the Adirchi paithyam in one of Bagyaraj movies:)
    Most of us are too busy to go for a rewind of our life and I just endeavoured to kindle a healthy curiousity in them about how it would be
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear AGR
    Life in any direction is fun. There is no doubt about it but unfortunately the modern way of life has left most of us dead to life! A great irony it is but sadly true. How many of us have even time to sit and think whither we are going?

Kannadasan was a great people's philosopher who could give the essence of our philosophy in words so simple as could be understood even by the man in the street. The song you have mentioned is a classic example of his genius
    Sri

8. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

dear sir,

a thoroughly enjoyable feature ! am i allowed to call it 'eccentric'?

(to have it confined to this forum is unjustifiable. millions other hungry readers must feast on it.)

though all of us fantasise at some stage or another,it's just you who can give it an elegant form thru words. i guess, it's your expression that overwhelms the readers.

you have discussed a U turn,leading back to the womb,until we are distilled of sins within the present life. may be,this is what is actually happening,though through a different womb each time. in that case,'reincarnation' is a misnomer, if the soul were to exit the world only after an absolute refinement.

...and with the panentheistic version, as in the Gita, if the soul,the athman, is in Him, there is no need for us to trace back our footsteps to undo our faults. HE has all the gunas in Him- Sattva,Rajas,Tamas; and we part of the whole-what can we do about it?'sakalam srikrishnaarpanam asthu' (chhoti muhn, badeee baath,sahib! not that you hadn't thought of these....)

all the names,forms,events of the past years are welled up in the cells of the brain. delving on past blunders only fills the bin with trash.however,repentance is a must to avoid erring in future. being too introspective of the future culminates in anxieties,hallucinations.(essential planning with foresight cannot be relinquished.) so,why not simply LIVE each moment of the present?

regards
    shreyasri

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Shreya
    That was a terrific post from you! I am happy that I have been honoured with such a deep and meaningful response.
    After 64 +years of existence, I continue to find it extremely difficult to cofine myself to NOW, the present moment. My mind keeps wandering back and forth. I sometimes wish I had a perfect life right through in which case, I wont be burdened with my past sins or future fears! How can I detach myself from what I carry and how to avoid getting unduly concerned about my future?
    I have this problem possibly because I am overly sensitive and have a highly restless soul too!
    I fantasise a lot but not in the normal way! When I see things happening around me, I relate it to self in some way or other. Life in reverse is a sum total of how people express themselves about their past, present and future. Whichever way we look at it , the cycle must go on!
    I agree with you that sins are not sins if they are considered as an extension of His tamo guna! But it would an over-simplistic view!
    I have always advocated that He makes us do things and therefore, Sakalam Krishnarpanamasthu is the only view we can take to remain calm and at ease with ourselves!
    Sri

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

WHEN I POSTED THIS ON FEB 20007 http://www.indusladies.com/forums/forward-messages-and-jokes/5159-life-reverse-my-friend-sri.html ONLY MANJU REDDY RESPONDED, BUT LOOK NOW HOW MANY HAVE WRITTEN AND SRI IS TRYING ALL HIS STYLE OF RECIPROCATION IN SO MANY WAYS, THIS REMINDS ME OF SRIDHAR'S STORY OF THE WRITER AND THE ACTOR, WHEN A GOOD WRITING GOES UNDER A BETTER KNOWN PERSONALITY IT GETS INSTANT RECOGNITION, SO HERE ALSO THE ARTICLE ITSELF IS NOT A RECOGNITION BUT WHEN PRESENTED BY SRI IS, WHAT DO I CONCLUDE OF THIS, U TELL ME LADIES...REGARDS SUNKAN

1 person likes this.