1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Letter To A Son Entering University(from A Stay-at-home Mom)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anushri, Jul 11, 2018.

1. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    Thanks to everyone for your time and patience. Still that heaviness is there..But I am better than last week... After a few weeks I will be joining my H. Honestly speaking till a few months ago I was waiting for this day to join my H. Now when the day has actually come, I understood that any woman would give her best and the most to her kids.. I am not belittling the love I have for my H. But mothers feel that husbands can take care of themselves whereas kids can't.. And I also think that I am feeling this miserable because I will be several miles away from my boy after I join my h. Time zone will be different... sigh...

kkrish and Mistt like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Lovely post. After reading this I remembered my mom. I have never lived apart from my mom for more than a month. Being a only kid I was pampered by my parents . From education to job everything was done in the same city so never got a chance to live away from my parents . But after marriage I had to leave India. Through technology we are able to talk daily. But sometimes my mom says she misses me a lot and cries whole day. Obviously even I miss home but I am more responsible now. Before marriage I never knew cooking . But now when I tell about the dishes I cook my mom feels so happy about it.

Likewise this phase might be difficult for you. But the day when your son graduates and get a good job, you will be a proud mom!

Laks09 and anushri like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@anushri
    I understand your emotions and please take care of yourself too.
    If you believe in God then just surrender to him. He will take care of your son. Most of the times I do like that only.

kkrish and anushri like this.