1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Lesson in Truthfulness!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 4, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    This incident happened in the month of April this year. My Daughters’ new session started and they were all taken for a picnic to Water Kingdom and Essel world. Whole day they were playing in water and sun. They both caught severe cough and cold. Elder one even got fever for next 2 days. Next day was a holiday so they both relaxed at home. The following day also elder one still had fever and younger one was stretching her body too much. She mostly stretches like this when she’s about to develop high fever. I was quite worried as she wanted to go to school and I was insisting on staying back home as she may develop high fever during her school hours. Somehow I managed to keep both of them home. Next day, as I was writing an “Absent Note” to be given to their respective class teachers, the younger enquired, “Mumma, what have you written in my note?” I said I wrote that you were absent yesterday as you had fever. She said, “but I didn’t have fever, I only had severe cough.” So I said, baby, cough is no reason to stay back home and then I didn’t send you school for the simple reason that you may develop fever at school. She was just quite. They both took their respective notes to school. When younger one’s teacher asked her, “what happened baby, why didn’t you come to school yesterday?” She politely replied that she had severe cough and cold and she gave her note to the teacher.
    After returning home, she narrated the whole thing to me. Out of utter curiosity I asked her, but dear, I had written fever and you told that you had cough and cold! What did your teacher say on this? She said innocently, “No mumma, I cut that fever from that note and wrote cough in my handwriting.”
    I was aghast at her truthfulness. We only teach that but she practices too, I thought! Of course, every mother loves her child, but I felt immense respect for her. She indeed taught me one saying-“Practice what you preach!”
    Cheers J :bonk

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear am very proud of your younger daughter. very well written. pat her:cheers

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Very cute of the little one to sincerely write the correct reason in the absent note!:thumbsup

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear pavithra for your loving reply.will pat her.cheers-anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear soldier for your quick feedback.i too feel very proud of her.cheers-anu:)

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Sure a great thing to have done she has her values right!
    Hugs to her for that!

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks janani ma'm once again for your feedback.regs-anu:)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was really very admirable of your daughter Anu and a bear hug from me to her for that.I wish her all the very best.! a gentle reminder to us parents too that we better practise what we preach :)

9. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Wow......Sweet chikooo...
    I am really proud of my freinds..they are so sweet and cute..
    Yep anu we fail to practise what we preach..I am happy that chikoo was an eye opener to us...
    Keep writting...

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear mindi for your loving reply and hug to my daughter.please send a hug for me as well. Just joking, hahaha.cheers:)