1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Latecomer's day!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swethakalyanee, Sep 16, 2009.

1. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

My Alarm rings on time trying to wake me up at 7:10 AM .
    I usually set it @ 7:10 AM, so that I shall be awake atleast by 7:30 AM! I love those short, sweet naps after the first Alarm bell and have never ever woken up on the first ring of the Alarm. So Generally I let the Alarm too snooze for a while...

Various planned activities for the day run in my mind one by one, trying to gently wake me up from my nap. With a great might in my mind, I decide to open my eyes to see the Sun God brightening up my Windows. Half asleep I’m reminded of my dad’s advice “Wake before Sun rises to be healthier and Sharper”.
    For years, “Take-Advice-And-Forget-about it” has been my much-loved policy . So, I quickly brush aside any such advices that can possibly hamper my temper and set out to carry on with my Morning routine.

When I’m ready to step out, I sheepishly look at the clock and it gives me back a sarcastic smile saying “I’m not surprised”.
    Er..Ah..I’m delayed to the work! Asusual…
    Well…Now I think of the contingency plans…How do I explain my delay Today?!
    Oh…God! I should have got up early and finished off the morning works quickly! – I regret for a Nano second.

Sitting in the Bus, I think of something called “Time Management” ….. I Yawn.
    Is it too tough? I don’t think so.
    How do I frame time to plan my day and perform activities well promptly? I doze off…

Hi Late gate! One of my team members greets me mockingly.
    “Late Gate” is the title conferred to me by someone in honour of my frequent delays to “Not just to work but also for a casual meet with friends”!
    I sneak into my cubicle and turn on my PC.
    The desk phone almost frightens me by its eerie ring in the totally silent space, where one can hear only few mouse clicks.
    “Come to my cubicle”- call from my Manager.
    “You are late again. Remember... You are on the Watch-list” He continues
    “This is the ‘n’th time you say this, Could you tell me how long I will be on that list?” I wanted to ask him back, but kept quiet.

In my coffee break I ask my colleague.
    “Hey, how do u manage to be on time to work everyday, n do things so quickly?”
    “C’mon Yaar Swetha..Its all about managing time! Pat came the reply!
    Did she say that so easily? I’m puzzled.
    “How do u manage time? ” I ask her again
    “I do everything quickly on time…tuck tuck…That’s how I manage time”
    Her reply didn’t answer my question. She didn’t want to share that secret with me..
    Ofcourse when there’s a cutthroat competition in every industry, It would be hard to find someone who will share the success secrets.

With some lapses and delays, for me the day ended quite well with some compliments and some bitter comments. But with the bitter comments hovering in mind, I thought I should sincerely do my homework..ie., to learn how to manage time better.

Way back Home I formulate three steps that could help me do a better time management.

“Early to Bed Early to rise” is definitely the first chapter
    “No Diversion and Better Concentration in the work you do” – The second chapter
    “Learn and Master the skills / work you do – The Third Chapter. This will help one do things in a faster pace.

I discover these three simple steps and decide to follow them by all means.
    Set the alarm for the next day knowing it’s a weekend and go to Bed.
    Next day…
    Alarm rings…..I Snooze it off…..
    Somewhere from my brain I hear a voice “What happened to the 3 Time Management lessons you discovered last night “
    “Er..Yeah..Let me sleep for few more minutes” I plead
    “Wake up…Reminder— 3 Time Management lessons you discovered” - Voice from the brain again
    “C’mon shut up please…It’s a Weekend!!” – I fight back and curl up on the bed…

Ok…that good part of my brain now only hopes that I don’t forget about my discovery after the weekend cheer!

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Shwetha
    I am also a snooze button fan like you. I forever keeping snoozing it and wont be surprised one day when the clock decides for itself and says, " Well, I know she always snoozes me at least three times. Why don't I carry on silently for that much more and then start yelling. Will give my throat a bit of a rest !! ".

Enjoyed your conversation with your brain ! Now make sure you do not forget the 3 TIME MANAGEMENT LESSONS :)

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Such a hilarious blogJI liked the quote “Take-Advice-And-Forget-about it” .Even I am the same, I set my alarm 15minutes before actual wake up time so that I get my pillow sleep he he

4. swethakalyanee

Welcome to the Group! :) As you said if only the alarm clock has to speak, it would give us all scoldings ...like our parents...:)
    Yeah...sure would try to remember the principles :)

5. swethakalyanee

Welcome to the group ami :)
    Happy to know that there are many more Alarm snoozers like me..n Thnx a lot for your comment.

6. Mitr

Mitr New IL'ite

Hey Guess wahat even i am in the same boat!!!

Yesterday n8 i set alarm to wake up at 6 am and As it started ringing the first time i could hear my mom's voice.... For whose sake did u set the alarm... It was only then i realised that what sounded for the first time to me was 5 th or 7 th snooze to my mom...
    My brain was awake but not me... m good brain said you need to exercise today as per your planner set yesterday and my lazy brain said aah i can manage it in 10 mins why to wake up so early and i got up from my bed and went to the next room and laid on the cot their hugging a cozy pillow... Said to myself... Its just 7 now everyday i get ready for office anyhow in 1 hrs time why should i not have small napjust 15 mins... By the time i opened my eyes to see the clock on the wall right in front of me it was 7:25am ... i said why not i round it to 7:30 and at 7:30 i again heard my mom's voice from the other room.... What have you asked for leave today in office or what?.... And thats it i jumped from my bed ... Sat on the cot for 3 mins then went on with the routine... I was actually late by 15 mins to office... On my way called up the receptionist to find out whether my Boss and my Grand boss have reached... I got the reply No Not yet... Sigh! I am early and god saved me...

7. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

I have the best alarm in the world - my husband! Rain or shine I have to be out of the bed at 6:30 to keep things ready for him so that he can leave for work at 7:45 everyday. Initially he used to pull the whole blanket with him when he got out of the bed and I used to wake up with a start. I told him very politely that if he continues to do that I have no option open for me other than sleeping in another bedroom locking the door. He promised he won't do that again.I thought the matter was settled then and there! Poor me didn't know that he was much more cleverer than I thought him to be... From the very next day he started making all sorts of noices from 5:30 onwards like coughing,sneezing,opening and closing the bathroom door with a bang and singing Hanuman Chalisa with a hell-breaking tune etc. Finally I acceped my defeat and requested him (ofcouse politely) just to give me a call at 6:20 without giving me a shock. That's how I wake up nowadays, hearing my husband saying 'Darling! It's 6:20' at 5:45 in the morning!!
    Monifa13

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Shwetakalyanee....Sorry to barge in like this. But Monifa13 dear, I loved your reply esp the bit where your husband now says..."Darling! It is 6:20..........." :):)