1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Lady in despair!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by imdivya, Nov 10, 2013.

1. imdivya

imdivya Bronze IL'ite

I knew this will happen, but not so soon and not in this way. But then the way in which it happens doesn’t matter compared to the impact of it.

I could see her. So near, yet so far. I was in the seventeenth floor and she in the ground floor. I could hear her breath, a slow and a shallow one. I decided to wait and closed my eyes…. Don’t know for how long……….

I met her for the first time in the same place, with seventeen floors separating us. She was part of the crowd, her head bowed low with grief. She was there for a moment, turned away and left with tears in her eyes. I met her again after three years. Until then her life was full of love and happiness. She was married to a handsome and a caring young man and one look at them showed that their marriage was a happy one. Until then……….

I am still not sure what triggered it- Me walking into her life or her husband walking out. It should probably be the latter because I am not vain enough to give so much credit to my presence. But whatever, something broke within them, within her and her life took a downturn. And this made me get closer to her. I started following her everywhere, to her work, back home. I was with her most of the time, even in her dreams. Initially she never knew of my presence, later she knew it but decided to ignore me. Not for long. There came a time when I became a part of her. She couldn’t stop thinking of me and it showed in her face. She was confused, insecure, frustrated and what not! And at that moment I knew the big day was near.

On the D-Day, she dressed well, looking good to everyone except to her and to me. A drowning feeling lingered within her. She went to work and everything seemed fine but not so fine!! Few hours passed, with her being deep in thought. She stood up and slowly walked out of her cabin. I was a step behind her. She turned back and looked at my eyes. I gave her a tight smile. Taking this as cue, she started climbing the stairs and we reached the seventeenth floor. We stood hand in hand looking down at the greeneries. With heavy breath she looked at me and jumped down!! I heard a small thud!

…. I woke up from my reverie and looked down. A crowd had fully surrounded her and I couldn’t see her... but…. I distinctly heard her last breath.

• The narrator of this story is a self-conceited and pain-inciting character with enemies in hundreds like love, happiness, joy etc and friends in millions like ego, jealousy, sorrow, depression etc. – And is commonly called ‘SUICIDE’.

P.S : Your comments - positive and negative are welcome...

4 people like this.

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

hmmmmmmmmmm...... nocomment.gif

3. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

She died of a broken heart???????

4. imdivya

imdivya Bronze IL'ite

Kind of.. actually its more about her suicidal thoughts...how it comes into her life and spoils it....

5. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Mind blowing..

1 person likes this.
  6. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

Positive : You seem to have a very good imagination and empathy :thumbsup

Negative : I am a little bit concerned actually by the fact that you seem to know the narrator too well. Meeting the narrator is illegal BTW and I hope you know that already.

Just saw your profile and considering the fact that you are a fan of Harry Potter and Twilight, wondering if this was actually supposed to be filed under "Fiction" :coffee

1 person likes this.
  7. imdivya

imdivya Bronze IL'ite

@blissofmylife .. thanku...

@thealchemist... hahaa... never expected this comment.. seriously.. I will be the last person in the world to befriend the narrator... and abt posting it under fiction.. I was not too sure whr to place this..so here it came.. :) Also thanku very much for ur comments !! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

You are Welcome :thumbsup I did enjoy reading it. Any plans to try "script-writing" for movies :coffee

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Divya,

Mostly, I am of the opinion that suicides decisions are short lived and emotional. Once someone overcomes that, it goes away. I am not a psychologists and hence I can never be sure of that. Is it really possible for someone to think about it for that long?

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. imdivya

imdivya Bronze IL'ite

script writing eh.. why not! if u r ready to produce it i can try writing something decent enough :D :cheers

1 person likes this.