1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step Watch where you put your feet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 7, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. Dont miss out on a great relationship because you want to hold on to a relationship that will never work. Don't miss out on a great opportunity because you are scared to let go of a position that leaves you with nothing more than being stable or secure. Be fearless in your resolve, learn to let go!
    unknown

Whatever I am writing here is the lessons I learnt from my experience in life.

Sometimes we have to make our own decisions. There will be many to give us advises instead of refusing to take their advise , we can listen to them and do what we feel is right. Sometimes we have bad experiences in life. Because of some incident everyone becomes against us. Sometimes we feel that you those who do bad are living happily and we have done so much good but still we are suffering. We should always learn to control our emotions. Nothing is constant and life changes from time to time

Love is what makes life worthwhile. It makes the prettiest roses even more pretty; it makes the sweetest honey even sweeter. Love is a grand and beautiful thing.

In life we meet people who give us so much love that we forget everything . Blessed are those who are married to a loving family and get all the love from there. Blessed are those who come across good friends and they become part of their life. As long as they are there we enjoy their love and affection but when time comes for them to depart we are not able to forget them but life is like that people cant be always with us .

No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.

We have to be always thankful to God for the life he has given us. We should make our life meaningful and not worry about what happened in the past but try to live the present in a worthy manner. So that tomorrow we have not to regret for anything. We may not have the best but must be thankful to God for whatever we have. We have to be thankful for even the little things we are experiencing in life
    We have to live life in a way that children follow our footsteps . We dont realise that they are watching our every step.

Children Learn What They Live’ – Dorothy Law Neite

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
    If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
    If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
    If a child learns to feel shame, he learns to feel guilty.
    If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
    If a child lives with encouragement he learns confidence.
    If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
    If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
    If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
    If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
    If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.

4 people like this.

2. vidyashankari

vidyashankari Platinum IL'ite

Re: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step Watch where you put your

dear vijima,
    very nice post.
    now a days i am also following what you have written.
    learn to be happy with what we have.
    if everyone follows this simple thing life will be very smooth
    and we can live happily.
    and another thing-thanking God,yes i have learned to thank God for all the blessings
    he has given me,i have stopped complaining and have learned to live happily.
    thanks very much.

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step Watch where you put your

Vidya dear thanks for visitingmy thread with your firstfb. Glad you are also following what I have written and have learnt to be happy with what you have.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Vijima
    I have realised everyone has their own set of rights and wrong.What might be right for me could be wrong for someone else...
    So when i take decisions in my life i make sure they are MY decisions and so that later on i dont regret for taking those decisions.
    Being fearless comes at its own risk in life....my experience says so.

I liked "children learn what they live" by Dorothy Law Neite.
    Thanks for sharing it vijima.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear I agree with you.Glad you take your own decisions and that you liked the quote
    lif