A Job That You Would Like To Try For A Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A Russian comonaut is being sent to space from nasa while russia continues its war on border with Ukraine. If an astronaut like you and cosmonaut jointly venture into space lab on a peaceful mission - then Nobel committee will have splitting headache to decide award for peace.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

It shows how much you love reading and aesthetic writing and lecturing. All sedentary; but then it is only for a week.
    Learning and teaching wrestling, boxing, kungfoo, judo for a week also can be considered which always come handy in future or in an emergency!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    stayblessed, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Interesting to read all the ideas. I came up with a few more for myself. These jobs or professions are not easy or lucrative, but would be fun to try for a week.

1) Vegetable seller: There was a vegetable shop in my childhood managed by a family who dressed impeccably, maintained a super neat store. I marveled at how they weighed the vegetables using the tarazu, cut some big vegetables to sell in parts, and totaled up the amount without using paper/pencil or calculator. I'd like to manage that store for a week, and offer free "coriander leaves" or other karyapak for promotion.

2) Flower seller: This I want to do it at the major bus stand near my jr. college. I'll sell flowers till evening (jasmine, malle, kanakambaram) giving free maruvam. Late in the evening, I would wind up shop, and drop off the remaining flowers at the small century old, decrepit temple on my way home.

3) Book-stall owner: My dream job for a long time. Want to run a book-stall in many places: railway station, bus terminus, near college, and other busy locations. Would have more magazines and newspapers than books. There was such a store near my house in childhood. The guy had magazines hanging on a high rope. Copies would be rented out for some fee per 3 days. Sometimes popular magazines would all be out. We begged him to give us the copy hanging on the rope, he refused. My sister and I envied him for being near all those magazines, and also had a secret crush on him. That was about the first time we realized crush can be had on regular boy or man next door too, not just the typically handsome ones. To add to our sorrow (or to abate it), his wife couldn't read English. : )

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

I somehow thought of myself as a host. I would like to play a hostess for a week. Is there a job like that?
    cook, arrange, return gifts all of that.
    But the minute I make one or two dishes , I get really tired and fall asleep.

I like Marissa Mayer and Indra Nooyi. I know they worked really hard to get there and Id like to be in those positions. I like the idea of love, family, children, education, career, finance so well stitched together.

Id like to be an education minister. I would like to do something eradicate illiteracy altogether. To start with, Id like to add 10 marks to each year (similar to internals, viva etc) for all students graduation and above. These will be added if each student "adopts" another middle/high school student and gets them to pass and get a certification.
    I would add another public exam at 7th standard, so that every child can pass and every graduate can teach, irrespective of their group. (a BA student might not be able to teach 10th math, but should be fine with 7th Maths)
    All neighborhood children will get perks to register in any nearby school. The students should be able to register themselves and find a "tutor" for their 10th with the literacy gained. Sorry I have a full plan :)

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Wonderful ideas doable and laudable.
    But give your ideas for type of work that you are expected to take care of just for as week only.
    Thanks and regards.

Laks09 likes this.
  6. Deepakarthik77

Deepakarthik77 New IL'ite

Gerontologist! this is about the ageing and the older adults, exploring the social, cultural, psychological and cognitive aspects of aging! i did my masters in Gerontology and exploring options to work!

Thyagarajan and shreepriya like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

You could think of something unique to get engaged in work just for a week.
    Within that period you could get the survey questions prepared to get selected Repondents' answers from the septa or and octogenerians of a cross section of society the world over. By another end of the week your analysis be over and statistically arrive at empirical formulae for obtaining results for those nagging questions- answear for which always stand elusive.
    God Bless with your Noble studies. Be you in the making of a Noble!
    Regards

8. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

I would like to work in a dog shelter. Play with the dogs all the time.

I would also like to sit in a corner and keep reading with no disturbance, I don't know if any job like that exist.

I would like to be a kids storyteller

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

I heard there are jobs which would want to sleep on their beds and cots and review them. They get paid to just sleep on their beds. So im sure there would be a job to just sit and read without disturbance. Id like to add a cup of tea on demand.

10. Thyagarajan

The only job where stories are listened or pretended to be heard and well paid is psychiatrisy