1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A humbling realisation

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear shyamala
    Thank you for the nice words. It looks as though we can now start a Richard Bach Fan Club in IL! Srama can be the President, you can be the Secretary and me a Committee Member! That restless seagull of his is a fantastic and most interesting creation of all times. I wish every one of us could imbibe a little of his quality. Most of us are satisfied in being a part of the bed rock displaying only the qualities of the huge mass. Only a chosen few want to break free from the bed rock to shine as diamonds of exclusive quality.
    Sri

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

First I thought I was reading a Geography or astronomy lesson...but last paragraph is fantastic! Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of my favourite books. I read that book at least half a dozen times. Whenever I read a book I underline some sentences. I think I underlined half of Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya..
    like Srama.. I too felt like reading something light but mneaningful and somehow got attracted to your ramblings...
    your journey from the dentist waiting room to the end of the universe is most interesting and VERY VERY "Humbling".. yes when we become aware of the vastness surrounding our so called "whole wide miniscule" world we feel like microns in the ocean of existence...
    tell me why do dentists or for that matter all docs keep real old magazines in their waiting areas? I can tell you that at the moment since the past few months I'm undergoing a huge amount of dental problems and all I know is that my bank balance is dipping and his is filling...
    now you all have got me in the mood to read Jonathan Livingston Seagull.. will have to get home and dig out the book.. or better still maybe download an e copy and browse at work.. only that I hate to read on the comp..
    enjoyed your post and giving you a reply.. as usual
    Kerman

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kerman
    Why talk of the earth and the universe? Even in this mini universe of IL, I feel like a 'micron'! Such an ocean of talents this is that I often feel like a ship without rudder here!

I think that Doctors resort to this technique only to keep us in tune with their old line of treatment. They may be worried that new magazines will update our knowledge of the body and its various ailments that we may start questioning the virtue of their diagnosis and treatment!

You are right about dentists. As they fill our cavities, we fill their purses. Quid pro quo! This is true not only of dentists but all professionals, lawyers especially. That seagull never leaves me. It keeps sitting on my shoulders and tells me that it has just returned from a star a billion light years away!
    Sri