1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Heart To Heart Chat With My Daughter.

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 12, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I could imagine the handsome Cheeniya Sir locking eyes with the ugly lizard and the beginning of a dream sequence, in the Telugu/Tamil movie style!
    Cut to scene: Younger version of Sir singing a duet with my favourite Asin!

Unbelievable source of inspiration, Sir! As a Zoologist, if I dislike any phylum, it is Reptilia! Snakes, Crocks, Lizards....eeeeeks!:yikes:

I still managed to enjoy and chuckle.:tonguecrazy:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap
    Dear Geeta
    Sorry for this late response.
    When I read this
    I could not control laughing hysterically for the last 24 hours! Thanks anyway. It is indeed a shot in the arm for me.
    When Cheeniya was in his younger version, Asin was probably in her previous birth. That kid in more than four decades younger to me! You should have chosen Banumathi or Anjali Devi
    There is a Tamil Serial going on now produced by the owner of Sun TV. It's full of snakes. I don't even blink once during the serial!
    Every living being on earth has a lover, you know!
    Sri

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    I am not into the Black n white era, fast forward to modern era, please!
    Hmm... I can't watch snakes, I have Ophidiophobia or ophiophobia!

Cheeniya likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@GeetaKashyap
    Dear Geeta
    It is unfair to have fear of snakes considering their extreme helping tendency as you see in TV serials!
    I suffer from Phobophobia!
    Sri

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya, you must transcend from the inspiration sourced from these undisciplined common lizards, who don't turn up on time to spark you, to overdrive incited by the faithful iguana. Whilst the common lizard only sporadically and grudgingly supplies you with the imagination to write up snippets, behold, the iguana will amp up your range of writing.

Just look at this unnatural beauty! Just look at it and tell me.

upload_2018-10-25_18-40-4.png

Doesn't his speckled and stoic face hide a historical saga.
    Don't his iridescent spines endure a political intrigue.
    Doesn't his dewlap fold into a lyrical mystery.

Everlasting inspiration emerges out of this crooked-toed creature. Listen to me, bid your bye to the missing wall-clinging common lizard and adopt a reliable iguana abundant with wry inspiration, even if that means you travelling to South America to coax this sneering creature to travel back with you to Chennai lured by sambhar and chettinad diet. Trap an iguana and release your hold on common lizard.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  6. Cheeniya

@Ouroboros
    Iguana is all fine. I won't dispute on that. Unlike a lizard, the making of iguana requires a lot of sculpting. They are pretty alright. There are a few here in Chennai which will make your specimen green with envy. Perhaps it is the reason why they are green!
    My love for the house lizards is not based on their looks. I worship them for their knowledge and communicative ability. More than anything else, we have a daily communion.
    Now just relax with the lizard song

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    In Kanchi Varadarajar Temple there is one gold and one silver lizard at the Praharam of Varadarajan Sannadhi. People buy ticket to touch the lizards as they believe that they they will get rid of their sins and also their ailments. There is a story pertaining to these lizards.

Two disciples of Gauthama Rishi used to fill water every day for their Guru. One day, to their shock, they found a lizard jumping out when they placed the tumbler in front of their Guru. An angry Rishi cursed the two for their carelessness and they instantly turned into Lizards.
    The 2 disciples stayed here at Kanchipuram as lizards until Indra came, as Elephant Gajendra, to worship Varadaraja Perumal along with Sun and Moon and
    1. Sun(Golden Color) and
    2. Moon(Silver Color)
    relieved them from their curse. In memory of this, there is a golden lizard and a silver lizard outside the Varadarajan Sannidhi. Belief is that one will be relieved of all diseases if one prays to Lord Varadarajan and touches the Lizard on the way out.

Thus the lizards has a spiritual connection.
    PS

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

10. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I am most humbly welcoming you to my house...seeing your fascination with lizards, i guess you would be happy just to enter my apartment building where the lizards the size of big ladyfingers :)BangHead:) would eagerrly welcome you while biting onto their juicy food

these lizards are a bane of our existence now that we i.e. me and my mom are wanting to shift our apartment just to be rid of those awful creatures.....

well....i guess you have get adjusted here.....you see, the lizards in our house don't climb or crawl on walls...nope....these lazy creatures just crawl on the floor....so every morning, i have to be wide awake when i step out of my room to ensure that i am not stepping on those loathsome creatures. :eek: