1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Heart To Heart Chat With My Daughter.

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@HariLakhera
    That's great news. The husbands must have a few lizards with them for use in case of emergency. Useful information. I now recall my wife refusing to sleep if there is a lizard right over her head in the ceiling.
    It is possible that such a thing is already happening in countries like China where everything is a delicacy.
    You are telling me! I will look forward to your fat investment if I decide to go into lizard farming!

2. Cheeniya

@jayasala42
    You have no idea of couriers today. Pay them well and they will courier anything and everything! Talking of transporting lizards, I remember a story from Sai Baba. A very interesting one that gives a human touch to lizards.
    You have succeeded in turning my stomach!
    But hundreds of cockroaches would have blessed him to live long and save them. It's lizard's curse versus blessing of roaches!

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats an interesting take on lizards, @Cheeniya sir. I found it a very good company, during my short stay at a different place during my work. In fact it felt so eerie before the little one appeared. It seemed to be perfectly at ease and even asleep before you see it rush towards the insect within its range. In fact I liked its stealthy moves and frozen states before its tongue came out and grabbed its food.

Watching a lizard or a fish, pushes me to an introspecting mode - like seeing my own life. The ever present immobile eye of it disturbs you at first and you then get used to it. The sound that it makes, is a bonus and serves as a reassurance at times too. Have you even seen a lizard shirking its tail? I have seen it once and was surprised to see the tail spinning as though it had its own life, for sometime before falling immobile. The tailless lizard seemed to be apologetic a bit, when I saw that later. -rgs

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. Cheeniya

@rgsrinivasan
    My dear rgs
    That's a beautiful response that would make any lizard lover extremely happy. As you have rightly pointed out, the monk-like stance of it before it rushes to its prey is extremely educative. When I was in the Bank, I was asked to inspect a branch at Plassey in West Bengal As you may know, it is the historic place where Robert Clive waged a war against the Nawab of Bengal in the 18th Century. I was allotted a room in the Government guest house. That building is famous for two things. Lichee trees and lizards. The whole night the guards would be vigilant against the marauding bats from consuming the lichees by making noise with a tin drum. Inside the house, there was a colony of huge lizards which were mostly perched above my bed. Plazzey was the place where I started loving the lizards and they had so much to learn from. More than anything else I loved their monumental patience and well-timed moves.
    You can see in the rear side of Tanjore Big Temple, lizards as big as a cat and reportedly more than 100 years old!
    Sri

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Forming lizard lovers club!!!
    Syamala

Cheeniya likes this.
  6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,

Frankly, you disappointed the lazy reader in me with this rambling about the lizards. I came running to this thread looking at its title "heart-to-heart chat with a daughter" and find your chat about missing lizards!

But I LOL a few times reading and re-reading this. I'm glad you have had a peaceful life to only have such heated discussions with a spouse :)

I don't mind seeing you with a long face caused by the anguish about missing lizards the next time I visit you. But I cannot imagine myself putting up with lizards... never. :nono:

7. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    I like this. Cheeniya, Member, LLC (Lizard lovers' Club)!

8. Cheeniya

@Induslady
    Dear Malathy
    You in my Rambling? Wait, let me pinch myself. Oh, it pains alright. You could have struck me down with a feather when you put in your appearance here. Not a feather of someone as big as an Ostrich but the gentle feather of a tiny sparrow.
    Then you must give me enough notice of your visit so that I can ask the guys to stay in hiding during your visit. I am now learning their lingo so that I can converse with them freely.
    Thanks a lot for this visit. Do come again!
    sri

Induslady likes this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Just as Indus lady has mentioned here, I too was expecting some good masala stuff, while going through your ramblings - heart to heart chat with your daughter, but eeks it was a lizard. I have plenty of them roaming in my house, some of them doing a cat walk, some doing a long jump right from the onion or fruit basket on me. My DH will take out the almanac immediately and start looking for predictions and parikarams. Lots of entertainment in my place.Happy Navarathri. Hope you had a fill of all the sundal varieties collected from your friendly neighbors!

Agatha83

10. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    I am sorry I missed noticing your post here. But tell me why all this eeks about the lizards? No other creature finds a place in our almanacs you know. Next to Brahma, lizards are the ones that determine our fate which they communicate through falling on different parts of our anatomy and the directions whence they make the clicking noise. That sound is very unique. As a student in the college, I could imitate the sounds of almost all living beings but not a lizard. Please hand this Gauli Sastra to your hubby. He may find it interesting
    Sri