1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Healthy Mind In A Healthy Body

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 22, 2016.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Soundness of the mind and body are inter related. An ailing person can't feel happy.
    So intimate is the relationship between the two that the neglect of one is bound to have adverse effect on the other. And so, a harmonious development of both, or, in other words, a sound mind in a sound body should be the aim of every man.

The sounder the body the sounder the mind that resides in it. A healthy person is enthusiastic and energetic and so feels happy. A physically weak person neither enjoys
    life himself nor make others happy.

Even a child with robust health playing and creating little mischief makes people happy to see the child's activities. Whereas if the child falls sick and lying down without any activity the parents feel depressed and unhappy.

We elders try to do our domestic cores with our will power, but not with cheerfulness.
    when the body is suffering mind loses its calm and cheerfulness. All of us do experience this in our life many a time.

A man may be rich, but he can't enjoy his riches if he is always sick. Thus the mind requires a healthy body to achieve things which it desires, whether it is service to mankind or personal materialistic desires.

May God bless us all with a healthy mind and healthy body to achieve our goals in life.

joylokhi, type2 and dasikajl like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    Nicely put forward.We have a sound mind in a sound body.Even if one is healthy enough, he/she cannot have a sound mind, if the nearest and dearest falls ill or any calamity befalls the family.In both the cases the peaceful atmosphere is totally destroyed and both the body and mind become non-functional.Body-mind theory is so complex and does not remain constant for ever.As our responsibilities increase,it has multifold impact both on body and mind.

Jayasala 42

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Pushpa Mami

I agree with each and every word of your post as I am also in 70s and experiencing the diffculties when someone is sick . Men get time to take rest but we ladies have always to be on our toes. Especially in summer with so much heat it is difficult to work but have to do our work. Thanks for the good wishes and wish you also a healthy life

joylokhi likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your nice fb. For the last three weeks I am experiencing this and it made me write on this topic. Only when both the mind and body
    work in unison we can do things properly. Our performance bring good result. Otherwise everything including the daily routine goes haphazard. As you have said apart from ill health disturbed atmosphere also a reason for this.
    PS

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    We are all sailing in the same boat. Being young at heart doesn't help when we become sick or others in family falls sick also. Our mind is disturbed and we are unable to be our old self with cheerfulness. Anyway we keep going thinking 'This will pass.'

PS

iyerviji likes this.
  6. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Hello Pushpa Mam,

Agreed!! Very true. I am just in my 30's and I am able to experience this almost every day!!

Thank you very much for your wishes.. and I also wish you a Happy and Healthy Life.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear dasikaji,
    Thanks for gracing a visit to my post and keying in your fb.
    Each one of us would have definitely experienced this. When the body is experiencing pain mind can't be cheerful. Vice-versa when the mind is in anguish the body also reacts.
    PS

8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS,
    so very true. Because of this, it is essential that everyone one of us especially seniors - prone to a lot of physical weakness/problems, take care of our health by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear @joylokhi ,
    Of course we seniors do take care of our health. In spite of all precautions sometimes we do fall sick. During that time we feel so low and wish that someone should take care of us. But now daughter takes care of me as she stays nearby.
    PS

joylokhi likes this.