1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A happy voice message box

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GayathriSundar, Oct 5, 2007.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

A happy voice message box

The other day after having a delicious lunch at work (broken wheat with curd and puli koyumbu) I picked up the phone to thank my husband for packing it. (I did the cooking!). I then realized that I had done the packing early that morning. That’s when it hit me – Won’t it be nice to have a personal message box where we could call and thank ourselves?!!
    Just go along with me here dear readers and it will not sound so whacky!
    We could fill this box with nice heartfelt messages to ourselves – like thanks for a great lunch, or the boss praised me today, or I had a worry-free day, or I had a nice heart-to-heart with a loved friend, or I saw a beautiful flower today, etc – whatever we are grateful for or made us happy that day.
    And when we feel down in the dumps we could play back the messages and remind ourselves in our own voice that we have a lot to be thankful for!
    Isn’t it true that we remember the dark patches in our lives clearer than the bright sunny patches? This message box could remind us of the sunny parts and lift us out of our gloom. I know this is why we have a brain that stores these memories but in times of gloom our brain-retrieval software simply starts avoiding the happy places!
    Also, a happy message in our own voice will remind us that we were happy once and we can be happy again! Listening to our own voices will be an eye as well as ear – opener.

Gosh – I should patent this message box!!

What do you say ladies - do you have such a message box in your lives?

Regards
    Gayathri

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi gayathri,

A happy voice message box. a nice thought. yes. if we could store all those happy moments in a box not alone the voice (wow that is a nice thought). it would really help us on those dark moody days right.....

But i write a dairy. that keeps track of lot of nice thoughts....

3. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    Yes storing the moments itself would be superb - something on the lines of Harry Potter!!!

Yes a diary is a great tool to store memories. I used to write a diary myself many years ago. But now I find typing easier than writing with my hand! I am sure we as a generation are slowly going to lose the use of some muscles/nerves in our fingers.

Regards
    Gayathri

4. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

This is indeed a great idea, its like saving up the good times for times when we are low. Great idea!!

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Yes Gayathri it doesn't hurt us to be on the receiving end of applause even though we ourselves have to give it.

This comes specially handy when everyone takes for granted the things we do for them. We become so used to catering to everyones needs that we forget how it used to feel to be taken care of. These moments and happy voices definitely should be captured. (even if it is our own)

you have my support for patenting it :-D

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai

Its an excellent idea Yaar

Even i used to write everything in the diary (but not now) and to store all the greeting cards received from my friends, letter from my hubby(inbetween betrothal and wedding) and i recollect all those sweet moments by reading it whenever i feel SAD.........and iam alone .......UNSECURED....(he will go frequently for SHORT TERM PROJECTS - in all those times i will go down )

Many of the people living their rest of the life , with this idea only yaar

latamurali