1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A happy man marries the girl he loves; a happier man loves the girl he marries

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Jul 24, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

‘Everybody knows how to build a Beautiful House But
    ‘Only A Few People Knows How to Live Beautifully in the House.’
    In married life if you have the support of husband then life will be very happy. But that does not mean that he should support her for the wrong things she does too. He should correct her when she is wrong.

In our earlier years my husband was also a strict person. He used to get angry when I am wrong, he never used to see whether we are alone or with others if I am wrong he used to get angry. Sometimes I used to tell him when he is in mood why you get angry in front of others, for which he used to say how can I wait till we are alone to get angry when you are wrong.

Like I had written in the snippet, may be we are different from each other but we complete each other. He used to say his mother and I are like his two eyes, he cant differentiate between us and he has the same love for us. She did not live long and died two years after my marriage. He used to say that he was born after five daughters , so she loves him very much, though he had his elder brother.

My husband's family is a big one consisting of four brothers and eight sisters. There were differences between them but still when any function comes they were together and everyone used to envy our family.

True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together. -
    Ricardo Montalban

Earlier I had dreams about my married life and everything was not fulfilled. Slowly I learnt about my husband. He is a very simple person and does not have any expectations from any one where as I like to dress up nicely and enjoy life. So used to feel bad when he never bothered to dress up well , my brother used to tell me see the good qualities he has , the helping nature and not expecting anything but giving his service to everyone, then you will like him. Slowly I understood him and now after retirement we have come close and cant do without each other

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart – the place where love resides.”

The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders.
    It is seen in the width of his arms that encircle you.
    The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice.
    It is in the gentle words he whispers.
    The strength of a man isn't how many buddies he has.
    It is how good a buddy he is with his kids.
    The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work.
    It is in how respected he is at home.

The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits..
    It is in how tender he touches.

The strength of a man isn't how many women he's Loved by.
    It is in can he be true to one woman.

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift.
    It is in the burdens he can understand and overcome.

10 people like this.

2. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam

Today, You brought tears in my eyes, along with the smile.. No words to express the way you have portrayed the "man to be". There is a lot that should be learnt from you.. And I am doing it from your snippets. Thanks again and keep sharing.
    Good Day.:-D

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@sangeethakripa, Sangeetha dear you area lways making this 72 yr old woman happy with your fbs. Glad to know I brought a smile but sad why tears. Glad that you are able tolearn something from my posts,then I feel Ihave achieved something by posting the thread. Thanks dear for your first like and fb and for making my day

1 person likes this.
  4. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

Wow that was incredible...
    i really wonder how god answers my question??actually i was about to open a thread for my query regarding hubby. mine is so different from other friends hubby i see. he never scolds me neither he ever have any wrong feelings for other and helps me in core in all my work. sometimes i feel irritating that how can be someone like this. here i read about so many ladies hubby and their ego problem and i use to wonder why he doesnt have egothinkingsmiley. he is muscular and is very strict in his office and all his fellow mates respects and adore him a lot.

but your post opened my eye...he is gem and i love him for all that....
    thanks dear for that..

2 people like this.
  5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam

It s my honour.. and I respect your experience and the way you describe. I was very moved and taken over by emotions on the way you briefed about men. I see that in my DH.

I wish all men could understand this and ultimately this is what most of the women expects. :)

2 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad @katochsimi dear that my thread was useful for you. Glad to know that your hubby is different from others and very caring. Glad my post made you realise the goodness in him. A pat on my back for that .

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@sangeethakripa dearglad to know you honour and respect my experience. Glad that your husband has the qualities mentioned in the quote. You are lucky.

1 person likes this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Vijimam, beautiful thread. Loved reading it. You are an inspiration for me. 4 brothers and 8 sisters wow!!. I like big families. Any occasions gets enhanced with siblings, no matter how many friends one has. Thanks Viji mam for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  9. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice post Mami... Glad to read your post.

1 person likes this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji amma
    Such a lovely snippet ..as always a joy to read ur perspective .
    Here is to many more lovely years together.

1 person likes this.